The Epitome of Southern ninja backpacks.

ANALPUDDING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The Epitome of Southern nigga accents.

Ya, hahaha...Well I been direct, break yo

kneck to get a peep of a TRU 11 goddamn fool. I came to sweep

you off your goddamn feet, now pass that sweet & get back, lookin'

for action, retaliation, that's where that shit at. Click clack

goes that pistol, bullets couldn't win, make a fucked up ass

whistle, you know it's yo dismisal. Now this will nip it in

tha bud, for my brothaz in tha pen, I gots ta bust 2 nuts, nigga

whut? I put it down, keep puttin it down, so I advice hoes to

not fuck around, it's that underground. Bitch you couldn't cut

tha sound, would blow up, hold up, wrong move, but it's time

to call tha first family to handle these niggaz. Cuz we all

tha work, you bitch niggaz made your eyez burn, I'm fo sure that

these G'z goin' fo', fo' fo, & blow fo' blow. It's Silkk,

Master P, & U.G.K front door, front row, slow it down hoe, you know?

most of this mainstream, southern, hyphie (sp?) shit is just stupid. if there isn't enough ignorance in the ghetto community, than this shit is helping to push more. hip hop could be a tool to support growth, but if you ask me --this shit is just holding it back. it's like the media's way of putting the shackles back on the black community. the civil rights movement didn't fight for constitutional freedoms, so the black community could degrade it's self with bitches and bling. it's keeping the ignorant, ignorant, and the message it delivers does nothing to help the community as a whole.

the comedic aspect of it, is what it's doing to kids in the suburbs and rural areas.

i'm sure this will incite some kind of verbal beatdown, but i felt like jumping up on a soap box while others were agreeing that most of this shit sucks.

Re: The Epitome of Southern nigga accents.

You're just now fucking with UGK?!

haha. dumb white kids actually set up camp for their CD that dropped last Tuesday.

morons.

Fucking white people...always paying for shit they can get for free...

the comedic aspect of it, is what it's doing to kids in the suburbs and rural areas.

Yeah because to the rest of us..UNK and Soulja Boy are a way of fuckin life! We dont just do the Roosevelt we eat, sleep and breathe the Roosevelt.

But, gee, if you wanna make a difference and jump on the "we will overcome" train...divert your attention elsewhere and let the children have their fun.

Shitty music isnt putting shackles on peoples feet...just like Common isnt gonna send anyone to college.

But, gee, if you wanna make a difference and jump on the "we will overcome" train...divert your attention elsewhere and let the children have their fun.

Shitty music isnt putting shackles on peoples feet...just like Common isnt gonna send anyone to college.

i'm not saying that the music is the only thing holding things back, but it definitely is a part of the problem. especially when you're talking about young, under educated minds. gangster hip hop blew up in the late 80's. after the early 80's paved the way for hip hop, gangster rap came around and turned negativity into profits. in turn, record labels searched for more harder edged artists to exploit. in turn, this exploits the negative aspect of ghetto life to the general public. in turn, this helps further the fear in the public and "white" america. it sets up stereotypes to be planted and raised. now here we are, 20+ years later, and it's still going even stronger.

seriously, i'm not trying to go bill cosby on anyone. i just see this movement as something that will set hip hop back. what happened to lyrical talent and mic control? this stuff doesn't really project any of that. in fact, it makes hip hop look like the boiler room class took over.

point in case: i work at a record store. i was playing the new jazzy jeff album, when an old ignorant white man came to the counter. he wanted to listen to some michael bolton cds. so while i'm getting his cds to preview, he says "this music makes me violent." so i get on my soap box and start asking why. his reasons are because "...all they talk about is shooting each other, drugs, and sex." now keep in mind i'm listening to the new jazzy jeff album, which mainly just carries a positive message about hip hop. so i ask him if he's even listening to the song, to which he says "yes" --a blatant lie. i try to break it down for him, but he still just keeps saying he "hates" it, and that all the artists should be shot like their music says. so seeing that he's just a fucking idiot, i tell him michael bolton makes me want to kill kittens, and to shut up.

my point --this shit is destroying hip hop. i understand it's fun, but it is taking every foundation and destroying it. if you want to talk about white devils controling things --this is what they want. they don't want the voice of Chuck D to inform people, they want the voice of keak da sneak to further the ignorance, and in turn the anger and stereotypes.

seriously though, i'm not trying to say i'm right and you're wrong. it's not like that. i'm just stating all of this for conversation. i'm not better than anyone else on here, it's just my opinion. i'm sure plenty of you will say it sucks.

^ black folks been sayin this for years, and you wanna know what we say in response?

stop listening to "white boy" rap. seriously, niggas always be complaining about how the system fucks us over, but as soon as you start explaining how you're gettin fucked mafukkas start whining about how the beats are too "soft". granted i get 18dummy just as good as the next man, but hip hop needs balance. which brings me to my next theory........

hip hop is evolving, so to the point where the "conscious thug" will pick up the slack where traditional backpackers failed. david banner is a good example. just pick up the latest dj shadow album and peep seein thangz. he spit some real shit which lets me know that niggas like him T.I, bun, and a few others have it in them.

for example take cham's new vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fk6W8YhI-s

dude even got a legend (doug e fresh) to co-sign. i thinks the problem lies higher up as radio station program directors and a&r's alike tell the artist what their fans like to hear which is bullshit cuz i know for a fact people that grew up in the trap star era of hip hop will be more receptive to t.i spittin knowledge than common. not saying there's anything wrong with common but you can't lie that if he and t.i dropped a conscious collab, you would be checking for that.

coma --i hear you on balance. it just seems like the ignorant shit is tipping the scale a little too much. i think this is one of those conversations that works better face to face. i notice how boojwah i sound in what i wrote, and i'm not really trying to come off like that.

i watched that cham video, and it is good. it's good to see someone from that style, attacking the record industry, or at least spitting something that doesn't revolve around false idols. as for TI, i've never listened to his shit. as for him and common doing a track? why not, common did a gap ad. when it comes to common, i like him, but he's not someone i shine the light on everytime i think of hip hop.

as for listening to "white boy" rap? i grew up in the late 80's, early 90's. my introduction to hip hop was 87'. the golden era of hip hop is where my foundation is. i guess i just appreciate people putting more effort into this shit, and less label manipulation and bullshit. when i think of "white boy" rap, i think of 50 cent, eminem, snoop dogg, and all the bling shit that is on the radio. anything that has more than 10 grunting sounds in the track --i consider "white boy" rap. hell, wu-tang? have you been to a wu show? it's like k-mart threw up ohio on the dancefloor. to me, it doesn't matter what color someone brings to the table in hip hop. it's just on a level of how they approach hip hop. there's more to the culture than a racial divide, or bullshit thug mentality. if that's where you come from, that's what you are, nobody can change that but yourself. but how many kids do you see, that grew up on apple pie, playstation 2, mommy and daddy, hugs and kisses, and they act like they're from the marcy projects or some shit.

did i already ask if you've been to a wu-tang show?

anyways. i hear where you're coming from, and agree with you on what you said. this probably isn't the best place for this conversation though --seeing as it's totally off topic.

sorry about that analpudding.

Archived