Is New York the biggest hating City in todays Graf game?

just keep everything on an individual level, and don't let retarded fuckers with store bought perceptions ruing something you love. just stick with who you know, what you know, and don't worry about anything that is said on the internet forums. these things shouldn't be taken seriously when it comes to bullshit egos and beef. if you've got shit to say to someone, you better be able to back it up and say it to their face. if you want to start beef with someone, go over them, don't sit at your computer saying "you suck fag." fuck the keyboard, it isn't shit but a pussy's tool for beef.

edit: this isn't directed at anyone on here, it's just a generalization of what seems to be the topic of this thread.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats not to understand. Im asking the general public, do they think New York City is the biggest hating city in graf.

Meaning is New York full of haters that diss everyone's shit wether its good graf or bad. They dont let out of town shit run bombing or productions.

New York mentality is hating on anyone not from there.

To me im not impressed with New Yorks current stable of writers representing. Piecing there almost non-existent. The bombing will always be on point from new york style and tradition wise. But Why so much hating even from the bombers.

Its just a question. This is the only city i have been to that acts like this.

yes new york pretty much hates on anyone that isn't from ny. this applies to both rap and graff. i mean just take what earsnot said in that infamy documentary when looking at a wall filled with names -- "they're not from new york so they don't matter." and i don't even think a lot of new yorkers realize they're dissing when they carry this attitude; i mean i don't really think earsnot sees that as a diss he just sees hating out-of-towners as routine as blowing your nose or shaving in the morning. it's just the whole attitude and arrogance that comes with being a new yorker.

HEY NOW!

Its not our fault that New Yorkers 'hate' on most out-of-towners who try and get up in our city. And Im speaking based on my experience.

Don't get me wrong, I think its great that other writers from other towns are trying to get up at one of the hottest (and I mean police-wise) city around, but all of the out-of-towners that I've met through my friends are fucking assholes who start shit with other writers in our city.

So, basically, they start shit, and we get the blame for it. That aint cool.

Id appreciate it if you come to my city and showed a little more respect, and if you keep it up then maybe we wouldnt be so skeptical when it comes to an out-of-town writer.

Fucking tools. But like what Earl said, lets just all keep it in an individual level.

New York : Full of inbred writer's that are mediocre at best. It's like people fighting over piles of shit; the winner get's shit and the loser gets his ass kicked. Few pioneer's in New York and those that are, leave. New York's been on a downward slope for many years, and it's going lower and lower. "Graffiti Crew's" made of cat's whove seen one too many Marc Ecko commerical's or started by playing that 'Gettin' Up' game. Tools that carry guns because they feel some personal disrespect because someone threw a hand up over throw that was wack to begin with.

yes new york pretty much hates on anyone that isn't from ny. this applies to both rap and graff. i mean just take what earsnot said in that infamy documentary when looking at a wall filled with names -- "they're not from new york so they don't matter." and i don't even think a lot of new yorkers realize they're dissing when they carry this attitude; i mean i don't really think earsnot sees that as a diss he just sees hating out-of-towners as routine as blowing your nose or shaving in the morning. it's just the whole attitude and arrogance that comes with being a new yorker.

this response hit it right on the head. that scene is so large that it engulfs pretty much everything in the city. pretty much every writer in ny has grown up surrouded by graffiti so anything anyone brings in to the city they have most likely seen it a million times. cities like that dont need to look at other areas scenes for influence. on the east coast in the US most of our influences come from ny. they know it and thats why most of them have that attitude like earsnot etc...

You can go to a lot of cities and make your presence known pretty easily... It takes a lot more in NYC (its not just bombing Williamsburg and LES or posting your flix on 12oz.)... The city is so big and so bombed that you really need to put in years of work to get some kind of recognition... Don't come from the west coast and think you can just stomp out 10 fillins with a FONT and not catch beef here...

For example, JAM came through and did his thing (in MANHATTAN) finding mostly virgin spots and not beefing w/ locals and painting dolo... But, personally, I still haven't seen him up in the other boroughs...

• 3 weeks later...
I got the idea that NYC was a ruff city, but all the guys I painted with where cool as shit.

I have been all over in the last few months, and the thing is dude who got up, are up because they are cool, and paint like pros. Toys talk trash about them and build drama. each city has haters, and the outcome is NYC just has more of them.

this is the most logical response in this thread. however. new york is not the cake taker on haterism. take a stroll through boston..

• 2 weeks later...
Word^

On the other note; all you fuckin 'new york haters' are such fucking morons... ANY fucking state with a big graff game hates and is filled with inbred mediocre assholes. So, if you're going to disrespect NY writers via a stereotype, then you might as well quit the game, ya fucking tools.

true...every city is full of scum bags...here in SF alot of "locals" arent even from here but from places like seattle and LA. Some writers are chill...alot are assholes with big egos, and if you come around rocking LA or NY tags in your fillins prepare to get ragged by one of the hundreds of haters

stop worrying about haters and worry about yourself...dont be a fucking tool or a disrespectful jerkoff and you should do fine, this applies to every city in the USA not just new york

i think what NY graffiti has become is kind of lame. but its new york. nothing will ever better than it simply because without its history there would be no europe trains, no freights no heavens no any of the shit you think is so badass in graffiti. none of that would exist if it wasnt for New York City. so even in its currently lame state you just kind of let them get that one....NY deserves it, even if the current generation of writers may not, deserve it in your opinion.

• 5 weeks later...
i think what NY graffiti has become is kind of lame. but its new york. nothing will ever better than it simply because without its history there would be no europe trains, no freights no heavens no any of the shit you think is so badass in graffiti. none of that would exist if it wasnt for New York City. so even in its currently lame state you just kind of let them get that one....NY deserves it, even if the current generation of writers may not, deserve it in your opinion.

DEPRESSING BUT TRUE

For the first part, the stolen part im not sure if it was ever your scene maybe from a hip hop standpoint the whole coming together of rap dance and graf, but from a graf standpoint this is what im talking about.

Its a well known fact that graffiti was established at the same point or before by los angeles gangs. This is debateable and im not sure if i would waste my time on that argument. But the fact that the elitist mentality of writers in general whether new york or not, have me thinking about where did this all start and why.

In my days bombers chilled with piecers and piecers chilled with bombers everyone that was a real writer was respected period. Cities didnt mean shit. If you repped u repped. I can go on but im headed to dinner.

And the 2nd part yes you are and you earned that right.

rap dance??? Its called breaks dickhead.

So if ya from ny. Suck my jersey balls and don't talk shit unless you wanna come jersey side and get it in.

So let me get this straight, you want me to waste my time going to your sewer of a state to slap you like a beeotch you are because your mom is too scared to give your bridge and tunnel ass a few bucks to take the bus into town?

Grow a sack, row your pansy trailer park ass to this side of the hudson, get up and get noticed, and maybe then you'll be taken seriously on this side.

From What i have seen on this Site, it seems that way.

new yorkers have an inflated egos because they think they started this whole graffiti thing, even though king cornbread from phillie was the first person to bomb. so they seem to hate everyone who isnt one of them, and then they hate each other too. so i guess you could be right, but i dont think you can narrow it down to one city. la has a lot of beef too. its all personal opinion