Is New York the biggest hating City in todays Graf game?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still dont get this thread:confused: :confused:

Whats not to understand. Im asking the general public, do they think New York City is the biggest hating city in graf.

Meaning is New York full of haters that diss everyone's shit wether its good graf or bad. They dont let out of town shit run bombing or productions.

New York mentality is hating on anyone not from there.

To me im not impressed with New Yorks current stable of writers representing. Piecing there almost non-existent. The bombing will always be on point from new york style and tradition wise. But Why so much hating even from the bombers.

Its just a question. This is the only city i have been to that acts like this.

• Like 1

no kidding, wouldnt you be mad if you created a scene that was stolen, bastardized, and shit on by the entire world?

Oh its also because we're NEW YORKERS. It's what we do kid.

For the first part, the stolen part im not sure if it was ever your scene maybe from a hip hop standpoint the whole coming together of rap dance and graf, but from a graf standpoint this is what im talking about.

Its a well known fact that graffiti was established at the same point or before by los angeles gangs. This is debateable and im not sure if i would waste my time on that argument. But the fact that the elitist mentality of writers in general whether new york or not, have me thinking about where did this all start and why.

In my days bombers chilled with piecers and piecers chilled with bombers everyone that was a real writer was respected period. Cities didnt mean shit. If you repped u repped. I can go on but im headed to dinner.

And the 2nd part yes you are and you earned that right.

hasn't graff always been a pissing contest for egos and super egos? no matter where you go, people are always talking shit, starting beef, hating, fighting, all that bullshit. it doesn't matter if it's new york city, or idaho city, it's just kind of how this whole culture developed. i think the LA tag banging scene was a little more fierce than the shit talking NYC scene, when it comes to retaliation. i might be wrong though.

maybe you see something different from NYC, that makes you think they are the biggest group of haters. but the evolution of graff, and the incorporation of the media, internet, and it's forums, has turned hating into a special olympian sport. you've got 14 year old kids in arkansas, talking like they were all city in 85'. you've got people hating on legends, because they saw three other retards do the same thing. "oh man his letters are fucking stupid" or "that dude's handstyle is for fags."

i saw a dude get rolled by four kids from one crew at a club in rhode island. i asked "what was that all about?" they replied, "he was talking shit on the internet in a chat room." that was ten years ago. i can only imagine shit has gotten worse since then.

people can hate on me for saying this, but graff culture has a level of pride that can grow into hardcore ignorance. it's immature bullshit, but it's all part of the culture. it doesn't matter what city you're in anymore, it only depends on the individuals.

you're rigth EARL, you're just too fucking rigth & I hate you for that! hahaha

No, just kidding.

But in the other hand, let's be honest is fun from time to time some ammount of beef, the stupid thing is when it gets out of hands & grows into violence, i think people who got to figth is because you can paint shit.

I mean, If you want to kick my ass we can just get to the ass kiking part with out using graffiti as an escuse?

BTW: sorry for my poor english, but i hope you get what i mean...

movement, it sounds like you have something against NYC writers or the way they conduct themselves online.

graff writers across the US of A are cheap-ass, whiney, rude, self-absorbed assholes.

i'm one myself.

they use local slang, are generally xenophobic (Xenophobia is a fear or contempt of foreigners or strangers) and express it regularly.

lots of places are full of assholes. dallas and houston i've lived in and known plenty of assholes.

atlanta has assholes.

miami has assholes.

LA, san francisco, oakland has assholes.

it's universal.

Nah i have nothing against new york, i always respect tradition and still think there alot of New york shit that is dope. Its the mentality of some NY writers that i dont agree with.

I agree with Earl on his earlier post though.

I think there are alot of assholes also around every graf scene in every city, its something to be an asshole but to actually act upon stupidity i think NY takes the lead on that. Dissing real writers that put in work everywhere, just because. Now thats hating.

as far from perfect as the current nyc graffiti scene is, at least it still has one, with thousands of writers at that. in a lot of mid size cities that once had strong scenes, graff is on life support with the number of active writers in the low double digits and very little graff visible to the public.

most cities in the US(that had graffiti at the time) were much more bombed in 1994 than they are today.

:cool: I LOVE NY and So do all other countries who trying to get up or get over on what NY created....

STYLE!:cool: :cool: :scrambled:

Thats why we have inovators in all angles of style.

The Oldschool is the truest skool.

So be kool and stay inskool.

Yet NY is now being invaded by many different influences. But if you look at graffiti history dating back to trains to the late 80s, STYLE WAS AT ITS HIGHEST.

REAL ACTION PACT GRAFF.:o

Plain and simple new york iss past its prime in everything involving the streets or hiphop.

Traveling the boroughs makes me sick at all the generic throwups that haven't seen a new style in years. A few writers here and there are notable but most are just ajumbled bunch of cookie cutter no purpose wannabe's. This also goes for ny's hustle game. I'm not saying its cool or w.e to sell drugs and be violent but ny heads swear they got prices, and or they're so fuckin hard cause they're from ny when fact of the matter is I see them comin jersey side to cop weight all the time and on top of that there's a few gritty neighborhoods left in the whole five boroughs. Jersey side keeps it way grittier in thue streets and will always be a step ahead in keeping it realistic and in style.

So if ya from ny. Suck my jersey balls and don't talk shit unless you wanna come jersey side and get it in.

P.s. All insults and "noob" comments welcome from behind the times new yorkers.

2o1

I got the idea that NYC was a ruff city, but all the guys I painted with where cool as shit.

I have been all over in the last few months, and the thing is dude who got up, are up because they are cool, and paint like pros. Toys talk trash about them and build drama. each city has haters, and the outcome is NYC just has more of them.

movement, it sounds like you have something against NYC writers or the way they conduct themselves online.

graff writers across the US of A are cheap-ass, whiney, rude, self-absorbed assholes.

i'm one myself.

they use local slang, are generally xenophobic (Xenophobia is a fear or contempt of foreigners or strangers) and express it regularly.

lots of places are full of assholes. dallas and houston i've lived in and known plenty of assholes.

atlanta has assholes.

miami has assholes.

LA, san francisco, oakland has assholes.

it's universal.

Houston is just full of toys who don't want to bother learning their histories and just get fame from going over veteran writers..or toys who are just ignorant which is the worst.