the hole mtn vs german montana(the real story)

pazman

i know it has ben talked about a bunch but i thought i would put a stop to all the fucking retarded comments like there the same company or they where one company and then split.

this is legit and can be found at mtncolors.com

The Two Montana’s

Here you will find some history to help you distinguish the difference between the two Montana’s, Spanish & German. The

information formulated below was given voluntarily through both companies in various forms of public statements and Interviews.

The bulk of information contained here is taken from an interview given by http://www.hiphop.it with both parties in 2004. We invite you to

form your own opinions on the matter.

In 1993 two writers named Moockie and Kapi both from Barcelona Spain decide to open a graffiti/hip-hop shop. They contact a spray

paint manufacturer known as “Felton” in Spain for research and to negotiate prices. They discuss the potential of the graffiti art market

with the commercial manager at the spray can factory “Jordi Rubio” who later becomes the owner of Montana Spain. Jordi is

fascinated with the idea but Felton is unconvinced of the potential sales in a market for graffiti. Approximately one year later around

1994 Jordi asks Kapi & Moockie to help build a brand for the graffiti market. Kapi & Moockie contribute there knowledge of graffiti

needs and Jordi contributes his knowledge in the technical aspects of spray cans. In the spring of 1994 Kapi & Moockie organize an

event called “Aerosol Art” and invite artists from all over Europe. At this event they introduce the first Montana cans and this is the

first time graffiti artist’s use Montana paint. Shortly after Montana develops the “Hardcore” 400ml can which we know today and the

“Alien” can in 2001. During the course of 1994 news spreads that there is a graffiti store in Barcelona that sells quality paint very

cheap and artists from all over Europe gather there and take cans back to their home countries in bulk. The artists themselves became

the first exporters of Montana. By the end of 1995 these artists began to import Montana into their home countries on a regular basis,

at first Italy, then Switzerland and then France and the UK. During 1997 Montana grants the exclusive distribution rights for Germany

to L&G. Problems begin soon after. By 1997 Montana becomes well known and begins exporting to other continents. Montana Spain

began as and still is dedicated to the graffiti art culture and has remained a small company with about 50 employee’s involved with

their manufacturing facility and distribution. Spanish Montana contends that all their products are made with devotion to quality in

aerosol art culture. All Spanish Montana spray cans are hand made at their own facility as they have been since the beginning.

In 1996 a distribution company named L&G is founded by Ruediger Latz and Tim Latif (known to us now as German Montana). In

1997 L&G becomes the exclusive distributor of Spanish Montana for Germany. Shortly after L&G also gains the rights to distribute in

several other countries in Europe. Meanwhile L&G conspires with Motip Dupli a multi national corporation and the largest maker of

spray paint for automobiles in Europe (Known to Americans as Dupli-Color) to manufacture and label spray paint cans for L&G with

Montana Spain’s customers as the target audience. Mutip Dupli becomes aware of the potential in the graffiti market and makes an

offer to buy Spanish Montana from Jordi. Montana Spain rejects the offer and soon after L&G and Dupli begin producing exact copies

of the cans labeled as Montana Hardcore and start to distribute them throughout Montana Spain’s established market. Mutip Dupli

then starts a negative campaign of information and spreads several rumors about Spanish Montana including that the paint allegedly

contains Lead and other poisons. L&G contends that product ideas given to Montana Spain during there business relationship entitle

L&G to an equal share of the brand name “Montana”. L&G and Mutip Dupli initiate a process which results in inspectors coming to

Spain to examine their products in hopes of reducing their productivity. In 2001 L&G and Mutip Dupli make a patent search for the

name “Montana” and they find a company named “Farbo S.A.” located in Switzerland who has the name “Montana” already licensed

throughout Europe. L&G and Mutip Dupli then offer to pay a royalty for using the name “Montana” from Farbo and succeed. L&G

has now gained the ammunition they need to file lawsuits and attempt to take away the name & market that Montana Spain has

created. Lawsuits are still pending in several courts throughout Europe. In 2002 L&G release the “Montana New Generation” can. In

2003 they release the Montana “GOLD” can and the Montana “Platinum” can in 2004. At the same time in 2004 Montana Spain

begins to brand some of their cans as “MTNMTN” to try to relieve some confusion the customers are having between the two

companies. The differences between the two Montana’s remain unresolved. L&G reports to have about 20 employee’s involved in its’

distribution operation. German Montana also claims to have the same devotion to quality and aerosol art culture. L&G spray cans are

made with automated machines at the Motip Dupli facility as they have been since the beginning.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's been done before but in the previous thread it had the "hole" interview on it.

use the search function.

and besides who cares?

I'm sure by now bioth of these companies have proved themselves supportive of writers

(german montana provides paint for write 4 gold doesn't it?)

Belton is better!!! but then again I use Rusto cause I aint paying for that shit.

Exactly.. All this proved, once again is that both companies are out to capitalize on graff. Therefore meaning that if I catch any of the faggots who own/started/support either company ill punch you in the fuckin face. If you're buying paint you aint a writer you're a fuckin artist tryin to be hiphop through graff, go watch b.e.t or mtv and stick with something on your level, leave the streets alone

Graff is supposed to be a way of speaking out not a fuckin business venture fuck you all

If you're buying paint you aint a writer you're a fuckin artist tryin to be hiphop through graffall

who the fuck made you the authority on this?

Graffiti aint got no text book guidelines to follow.

Tryna tell me I aint a writer cause I dont rack everything? please.....

This is 2007, not 1987. After 20yrs of gettin jacked, their on top of their game now. Come down to Columbus, and try and rack up enough paint to piece and bomb for a week. You aint doin it. And Id love to know how you rack paint in NYC when its behind a locked case next to the register in 9/10 stores

and as for makin money of the shit, if you aint exploitin shit, its all good

who the fuck made you the authority on this?

Graffiti aint got no text book guidelines to follow.

Tryna tell me I aint a writer cause I dont rack everything? please.....

This is 2007, not 1987. After 20yrs of gettin jacked, their on top of their game now. Come down to Columbus, and try and rack up enough paint to piece and bomb for a week. You aint doin it. And Id love to know how you rack paint in NYC when its behind a locked case next to the register in 9/10 stores

and as for makin money of the shit, if you aint exploitin shit, its all good

Well as for lockled up paint you said 9 out of 10 so don't be a bitch and find the tenth. Also I never said I was from ny and I wakeup everyday greatful of that. .. Also it doesn't have to be shoving cans in a bag, some niqqas I mess wit from queens had a scam for a while where they used stolen home depot gift cards to buy paint... like you said its 07 so instead of making excuses be more creative and try harder.

And I never said I was an authority, i never said I was anything but now ill tell you what I am, I'm a writer who racks his shit no matter what because he refuses to add to the profit of a paint company that operates within the system I use my graff to speak out against, also a writer who was brought into it and raised by oldhead writers who like me despise this new age tea party graff scene.

P.s. No disrespect for your hood or you, but I couldn't give a fuck how it is i n columbus, that's for you guys tto figure out

Well as for lockled up paint you said 9 out of 10 so don't be a bitch and find the tenth. Also I never said I was from ny and I wakeup everyday greatful of that. .. Also it doesn't have to be shoving cans in a bag, some niqqas I mess wit from queens had a scam for a while where they used stolen home depot gift cards to buy paint... like you said its 07 so instead of making excuses be more creative and try harder.

And I never said I was an authority, i never said I was anything but now ill tell you what I am, I'm a writer who racks his shit no matter what because he refuses to add to the profit of a paint company that operates within the system I use my graff to speak out against, also a writer who was brought into it and raised by oldhead writers who like me despise this new age tea party graff scene.

P.s. No disrespect for your hood or you, but I couldn't give a fuck how it is i n columbus, that's for you guys tto figure out

I feel where your comin from

but man, I cant be held down by somethin like not wantin to give money to a paint company.

I cant be sittin in jail because I couldnt spare $1 for a can of paint. when you got some wack shit like shoplifting on your record, are you gonna think its worth it, just cause that company didnt get paid?

I dont know man, I aint for payin crazy prices (ny prices like $7 a can? fuck that) but I cant be str8 up stealin it. I go through about 15 cans a week, and I couldnt be theif'n 2-3 times a week. Thats 6-9 times I put myself at risk a month, on top of all the other illegal shit I do. fuck that.

I just use self check out and get my cans for $1, and slide under the radar

I can't say I "feel" it but I do comprehend where ya comin rom.

For me its not a problem shoplifting, the same people who raised me to write raised me with a politically outraged militant mindstate. I bang out with the pigs everytime I'm arrested and never talk. Granted its left me with a long ass serious record, an unappreciated member of my community and someone who will never make it anywhere legit, but as strong as I feel about things that's nothing to pay in return for feeling free when I fall asleep.

Obviously not everyone thinks how we think. But that's how I see it

• 6 months later...

whats up robert deniro^^

i see where your coming from

but as you stated above earlyer

"If you're buying paint you aint a writer you're a fuckin artist tryin to be hiphop through graff"

i buy my paint but its not because i try to be some hiphop doo diddler, i just dont feel its worth the risk to steal a few cans and get caught, and have that shit on record let alone getting caught doing graffiti.

just get a job and you can buy your paint worry free

I really don't see how people can say, if you don't rack your paint, you're not a writer. I mean you look at a piece on a wall and the first thing you notice is how well it's painted. How clean the lines are. I'm definitely not wondering "Hmmm, did this guy rack his paint or not?" Your painting skills are more important than being a thief. Do what you like.