-Graffiti Books-

Media One

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The books I got are Freight Train Graffiti, the Art of Getting Up,Graffiti LA, Graffiti NYC, and a few others I can't think of atm.

I like Freight Train Graffiti alot (its a fucking dope book), The art of Getting up is real cool, Graffiti NYC is alright (lotsa dope pics) and i racked Graffiti La few days ago, havent looked at it yet, but it looks good.

This book just came out - all about the NYC subway tunnels. There's a good chapter about the graffiti down there with loads of photos of the tags and pieces in there - a lot of stuff you generally don't see anywhere else though anyone that spent any time in those tunnels would recognize.

Subway Solitude:

http://ltvpress.com/DisplayPage.php?ID=1&Sec=Publications

Same author btw did a chapter about graffiti for this new book that is all about NYC:

NY Calling:

http://www.amazon.com/New-York-Calling-Blackout-Bloomberg/dp/1861893388/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-9505131-5105623?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183003248&sr=8-1

Definitely a good read (the whole book) - it's all about NYC post 1970s. Lots of references to graffiti in there...

• 2 weeks later...

rackweb2.jpg

511CZM2sRML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

racklaunchphotos.jpg

RackGaki

Japanese Graff book/DVD combo...highlights different writers...pretty cool

Dedicated to Japan's rackgaki (graffiti) scene, this book illustrates the work of major graffiti artists working in Japan today. It showcases the creativity that lies within this new and relatively unexplored form of contemporary Japanese art. Interviews with the artists, and the authors' own experiences in documenting the different aspects of this subculture, reveal an art-form at the cutting edge and often at odds with police and civic authorities. An accompanying DVD brings to life the imagery of the book and includes footage of graffiti being created. Set to a soundtrack by some of Japan's leading Trip-Hop artists, the viewer is fully immersed in the subculture that is Japanese graffiti.

the books physical construction is different and intriguing as well

• 2 weeks later...