-Graffiti Books-

Media One

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
someone told me about a new Roger Gastman project about the history of graffiti in several US cities??

Due out mid next year and it's gonna be

OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!!!

People are gonna be blown away when they see some of the pics and people that were interviewed for it. I'll go out on a limb and say it will be the most comprehensive book done on the history of graff to date!!!! Looking forward to this one for sure!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

another jepsy book??? that will not touch the original one, much like most all of the new otr series... the first three were so much more pure and virtuous so to speak...

a book on graffiti tattoos... corny much? and the exchange, hasn't that been covered to death?

just seems like there would be much more worthy content and deserving writers in the solo sense...

Two things to consider when making a long series of books:

Easy-to-come-by content.

Sales, especially outside the inner graffiti circles.

More OTR books will come after those above, and all the collectors will buy them anyway to have the whole series.

The Overkill shop in Berlin has a webshop with quite a few old and hard-to-find books, including

Push the button

311_0.jpg

Stylewriting from the Underground

314_0.jpg

These two are on sale for less than 10 euro!!

And these nice ones I havent seen in years are going for just 13 euros:

New York

5222_0.jpg

Wholecars

5220_0.jpg

All seen at:

http://www.overkillshop.com/de/index/

Stylewriting from the Underground

314_0.jpg

This is probably the best book I've ever seen about this period. Had it in my hands when it came out back in 1996/1997 but didn't buy it... Big mistake! Gotta have it!! Thanks for the tip, this book is classic.

Cats be readin' my latest book:

4175180301_be2e0b451a_o.jpg

It's 134 pages, 530+ photos of 100% Freight graffiti, shot in the freight yards of NYC.

Lots of sample photos here:

http://ltvpress.com/yardjobnyc/

and here:

This book is a follow up to one I put out last winter called 'Brooklyn Queens Freight' (http://ltvpress.com/brooklynqueensfreight/) - which is of course all about the graffiti found along the freight tracks of Brooklyn & Queens. Both are 100% DIY books - available online only (though Brooklyn Queens Freight might hit some stores soon).

Questions, comments, what not - get at me...