-Graffiti Books-

Media One

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

image.png.9fa82d97f7799041e721bb1d450f5ccc.png

As a graffiti writer for 49 years with the most longevity of any writer dead or alive I want to let you know that I always had fun with my buddies, the guys I picked to do whole cars with, who were the best of the best in the history of New York City graffiti. No other writer, till this day, ever did whole cars with the magnitude that I did with the hundreds of writers that I painted with and ran the streets racking up paint. The guys I did paint with are all gods because they stood between those train cars and sprayed their hearts out in the golden age of graffiti, when it counted. We were pilgrims and pioneers all wrapped into one, ready to strike at any moment on the New York Transit lines. It took me 3 years of traveling around the subways, going back in time, to put this project together. The book is about all my partners in the graff game. I want to pay homage to them for all the work and all the good times I had with them during my subway career." - Fuzz One, Gods of Graffiti

In Gods of Graffiti  you will hear stories and anecdotes regarding New York City graffiti royalty - Jester, Stim, Cliff159, Staff161, Peso131, Noc167, Ban2, Dondi, and others, which are brought to life by Fuzz as he recounts their adventures and trains painted together. We learn about how global crews like TFP started in the Bronx and get access to this street history that could easily be lost. We also get to see Fuzz’s artistry - a style of illustration straight from the 1970s with blends, color choices, and letter styles that are uncommon and beautiful. We see a blueprint of what some writers create today straight from an originator.

Fuzz One had written his many names thousands of times on the inside of the trains, the outsides of the trains, and walls all over New York City going back as early as 1970. By 1980 he was considered a god of graffiti already having done it all. He did pieces with many different names including Fuzz, Ivory, Lord138, Romeo, Solid, 2Wild, 2God, and Prince. He did throw ups as Sor, CK7, and DJ2. He says he had over 100 names he would use and I believe him.

image.png.de5c784a669b8f70015adccfa5ed3e46.png

image.png.63e1e485a25b6017463e470067a845ee.pngimage.png.5a172eecb05fe328a9cccc01adffae97.png

https://shop.legrandj.eu/products/fuzz-one-gods-of-graffiti

new book coming out on Fuzz ONE

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can somebody buy this please?

want to know if the "500 extra photos" is "500 amazing photos from the 90's" or 500 fairly pixelated dire shots from the turn of the century shot on janky first generation digital cameras"

the postage to Australia is about $100 USD whihc is more than the book costs.

image.thumb.png.9a28731e17c41fdf98e3b74220af3fdb.png

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 9/19/2023 at 9:19 PM, Schnitzel said:

can somebody buy this please?

want to know if the "500 extra photos" is "500 amazing photos from the 90's" or 500 fairly pixelated dire shots from the turn of the century shot on janky first generation digital cameras"

the postage to Australia is about $100 USD whihc is more than the book costs.

image.thumb.png.9a28731e17c41fdf98e3b74220af3fdb.png

Fool me once.....?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I understand the push back on a $400 book, but he did sign and embellish each one. I don't fault him for it, he knows his worth and the value in sharing this history, but I'm not from Europe so his influence on my upcoming and learning of the craft is minimal, if any. If it were T-Kid or Dez or Skeme... sure, $400 for a signed and embellished book is a no-brainer for me. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 4:21 AM, Schnitzel said:

got this off the shelf today gonna hunt through it tonight.

made in 2000.

reckon they used every possible technique for printing back then. it's pretty wild.

don't think too much graff.

IMG_5623.jpg

I remember thumbing through this book in Virgin Megastore but was always too scared to boost.  It's worth a pretty penny now.   I think it even had a sticker page.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joker said:

Yeah, I understand the push back on a $400 book, but he did sign and embellish each one. I don't fault him for it, he knows his worth and the value in sharing this history, but I'm not from Europe so his influence on my upcoming and learning of the craft is minimal, if any. If it were T-Kid or Dez or Skeme... sure, $400 for a signed and embellished book is a no-brainer for me. 

All true.  And yet it's hard for me to get over that guys that used to rock a large model train I handed to them for free are now charging $250+ to people for models not even half that size.  Like remember when people would just do shit for you?

IDK, $100 seems steep for a book to me.  What am I, or anyone, going to do with a $400 one?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joker said:

Think Bando going to make some serious bank off that while still banging on about the modern graff is scene is shit.

Also @Joker better get on that Tkid book thing if you want one.

Looking at his latest instagram post age might be doing what neighbourhood gang members and drugs never could.

We are seeing the tip of the iceberg for NYC writers of the 70's and 80's dying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schnitzel said:

Also @Joker better get on that Tkid book thing if you want one.

Looking at his latest instagram post age might be doing what neighbourhood gang members and drugs never could.

We are seeing the tip of the iceberg for NYC writers of the 70's and 80's dying.

I know, I need to get it sooner than later. Last I looked for it the cheapest I could find a first edition version was $350... unsigned and/or embellished. 

20 hours ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

I remember thumbing through this book in Virgin Megastore but was always too scared to boost.  It's worth a pretty penny now.   I think it even had a sticker page.

I bought my copy at a half priced books for around $9 in maybe 2004(?). They had 6 or 7 copies at that price. I only bought 1.

5 hours ago, LUGR said:

I bought my copy at a half priced books for around $9 in maybe 2004(?). They had 6 or 7 copies at that price. I only bought 1.

You can still find some good stuff at Half Price Books from time to time. I’m glad they are still around. None where I live now but it’s a regular stop with the family when I’m “home”. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1