so i watched rescue dawn.

iloveboxcars

its a movie about vietnam. it has christian bail.

it was a really good movie. i enjoyed it. but this is based on a true story. thing is, the dude is the only one that survived what happened, and he was also the one that took charge of every situation, made sure everyone was good. everyone else went crazy, he stayed sane. he stayed loyal and didnt sign the "go home soon if you denounce your country" paper while everyone else signed it.

i call bullshit on the majority of the story.

but it was a good movie.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i thought apocalypse now was long and drawn out and overrated. creepy and all over the place. not horrible, but not great either. just me. i've never seen hamburger hill. i want to though.

platoon and full metal jacket i guess are my favorites.

tigerland (colin farrell) was boring but different. not really a vietnam movie, because the whole thing takes place in an army training camp that simulates vietnam... where platoons would train prior to being sent to vietnam.

The Killing Fields was the shit.

Apocolypse Now was too.

Vietnam movies in general are the shit.

Apocolypse Now was too...too much talk, not enough walk.

That scene where they attacked the town and dudes was surfing while mortars where still firing at them was dope.

"YOU EITHER SURF, OR YOU FIGHT!!!"