Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iloveboxcars

so i watched rescue dawn.

its a movie about vietnam. it has christian bail.

it was a really good movie. i enjoyed it. but this is based on a true story. thing is, the dude is the only one that survived what happened, and he was also the one that took charge of every situation, made sure everyone was good. everyone else went crazy, he stayed sane. he stayed loyal and didnt sign the "go home soon if you denounce your country" paper while everyone else signed it.

i call bullshit on the majority of the story.

but it was a good movie.

i've been wanting to see this. it's been a long time since there has been a vietnam war movie. i think that one with mel gibson a few years back is the last one i can think of. but before that, there weren't many.

I would have to give it up to Hamburger Hill as far as a good ass Vietnam movie goes. Full Metal Jacket is dope though...

The Mel Gibson movie? "We Were Soldiers"

I got that shit on DVD, I love it.

i thought apocalypse now was long and drawn out and overrated. creepy and all over the place. not horrible, but not great either. just me. i've never seen hamburger hill. i want to though.

platoon and full metal jacket i guess are my favorites.

tigerland (colin farrell) was boring but different. not really a vietnam movie, because the whole thing takes place in an army training camp that simulates vietnam... where platoons would train prior to being sent to vietnam.

The Killing Fields was the shit.

Apocolypse Now was too.

Vietnam movies in general are the shit.

Apocolypse Now was too...too much talk, not enough walk.

That scene where they attacked the town and dudes was surfing while mortars where still firing at them was dope.

"YOU EITHER SURF, OR YOU FIGHT!!!"

I would have to give it up to Hamburger Hill as far as a good ass Vietnam movie goes. Full Metal Jacket is dope though...

The Mel Gibson movie? "We Were Soldiers"

I got that shit on DVD, I love it.

I thought that movie really sucked.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now