blog help anyone?

seeking

im trying to find a blog that i can direct to with my own url, rather than like http://www.seeking.gayblog.com (not actual site, no homo). someone mentioned blogspot allowed that, but i couldnt find any info about it in their 'help' section. anyone know of a place i can do this? and if its not self explanatory, how i'd go about doing it?

thank you kindly.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you mean you want something like http://www.seeking.com?

get the program "blogger". and use blog spot. you'll have to purchase the domain name.

then if i remember correctly (i helped a friend set up his blog) you have to upload a basic blog formula to your website that directs back to the blogspot address you have. so basically you have 2 websites.

does that make sense?

that being said i just found this blog http://static-party.blogspot.com/ and im thrilled.

yeah, but what im saying is... from your first post i got the impression that i needed a 'seeking' site also, then blogger would just integrate them magically or something, but this still means that i have to host seeking.com, right? or in other words, i can't just buy seeking.com, and somehow plug it into the blogger page, there by avoiding having to pay a montly hosting fee, etc.

yeah, although im surprised that there is no service that allows you to do it all 'inhouse' so to speak, even for a fee. i dont know shit about web stuff anymore, and what little i did know i learned 7 years ago. it just surprises me that id have to pay for a monthly hosting fee, just so i could have my free blog be mirrored from the url of my site that exists for the sole purpose of mirroring. seems that some blog site would have realized that they could charge $30 a year to host your domain name, saving me the hassle of setting up another page and all that shit.

then again, this stuff is like rocket science to me unfortunately.

blog blog blog....why not just buy the domain..you could get a host for like 20 bucks a month.

well, let's see...$20 a month, vs. free. i'm not sure why i don't.

mostly, i just dont want to have to deal with making a website, thats why.

i'm sure CSS is very important and exciting, but i dont want to deal with it. ha. i dont want to learn anything, i want someone to set it all up for me.

as far as i can tell, no, although you'd think it could be. as far as i can tell, you need a seperate site or something? i dont know. its annoying me.

now im thinking of just building a site on godaddy or something. i need to call their people and talk business i think. this might call for a smoothie.

ok, so i got all fucking motivated and decided to just make a whole site.

i bought a domain name and hosting plan from godaddy. i assumed that they had some easy sitebuilder shit going on, but now that ive bought it, i cant seem to find any of that. wtf. anyone wanna help me out here?

i want someone to fucking do it for me, im so annoyed and frustrated.

basically what ive decided to do is set up a 'site' which consists of a splash page, and then the rest of the site will just be a blog. godaddy claims a blog making tool comes with the hosting, but i cant find any sign of it. i could link to blogspot, or have it open inside a table, but id kinda rather not if possible. then again, i'll do anything if i can make it work. the shit is annoying.

im downloading a copy of dreamweaver since i magically lost mine. hopefully i can just build something with that. whatever, im cranky now.

there are, but its fucking greek and even though i tried to set it up exactly how it said, it didnt seem to work. im downloading dreamweaver right now, im gonna make some stuff and try to ftp it up and see if i can get anything working, then ill call tech support at like 3 in the morning and make them help me.

Yeah, I don't think the hosting plan was necessary, just the domain name and domain forwarding (and domain masking if you don't want the address to switch back to "www.seeking.gayblog.com" once forwarded).

Godaddy is a huge fucking mess of a site. Check to see if somewhere in the user controls there's a domains tab and see if there's any forwarding features available for what you bought.

Yeah, I don't think the hosting plan was necessary, just the domain name and domain forwarding (and domain masking if you don't want the address to switch back to "www.seeking.gayblog.com" once forwarded).

Godaddy is a huge fucking mess of a site. Check to see if somewhere in the user controls there's a domains tab and see if there's any forwarding features available for what you bought.

with a hosting plan, he can load his pics or vids up and not have to fear them being taken down by whatevershittypichost.com

he can also be assured of having a backup for whatever he blogs about and not have to fear censoreship