Bridge Collapses Into Mississippi River During Rush Hour in Minneapolis

MoeLarryCurly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard on the news this morning that just this spring that bridge only passed 50 out of 120 point inspections. They were "planning" reconstruction of that bridge this year.

There are also lots of cars that are still unfound.

Last I heard death toll was only at 7 and 20 missing.

Seems a little hard to believe.

Saw some guy at hidden beach today lost his brother and best friend due to this.

And were the fuck are all these cars gonna go now? 280??

Fuck.

RIP.

I wish a bus full of Atmosphere fans was on it. My ex included.

It was such a shitty bridge anyway, just like the rest of the roads in the city. I always thought it was weird how it would 'shake' while in rush hour when a semi or large truck would pass by.

280 and 94 are going to be parking lots for years to come, and I bet Pawlenty is going to remedy it all by expanding those highways. I think it's about time for the city to shift focus over to building more LRT lines to accomodate the commuting masses who go in and out of Minneapolis and St. Paul each day.

Looks like I'll be relying on 3rd/Central, Hennepin, and Franklin Aves to get across the river now.

http://www.startribune.com/10204/story/1341088.html

Bridges and shit in bad condition.

I hope that Carl Pohlad, that greedy geezer asshole of an owner of Wells Fargo Bank (eeeevil) and the Minnesota Twins, is proud that he's made the city (and the residents) foot the bill for a new ballpark. The old bag of bones is about to kick the bucket anyway.

Heard on the news this morning that just this spring that bridge only passed 50 out of 120 point inspections. They were "planning" reconstruction of that bridge this year.

There are also lots of cars that are still unfound.

Last I heard death toll was only at 7 and 20 missing.

Seems a little hard to believe.

Saw some guy at hidden beach today lost his brother and best friend due to this.

And were the fuck are all these cars gonna go now? 280??

Fuck.

RIP.

in oklahoma, i-40 which goes right by the downtown area gets almost two times more passengers daily then it was intended.

the steel is badly corroded and concrete falls from under it during rush hour, and you can see the bridge move a little when a semi passes.

and it has a safety rating 1 point lower than this bridge did.

no one here is making a big deal out of this though so i guess the safety ratings arent really that important.

HOLY SHIT DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE SCHOOL BUS!? FUCK THE PEOPLE WHO PLUNGED INTO THE WATER AND WERE TRAPPED IN THEIR CARS WHILE IT FILLED WITH WATER SCREAMING FOR THEIR LIVES UNTIL FINNALY DROWNING WHILE STRAPPED INTO THEIR SEATBELTS! THE SCHOOL BUS WITH KIDS IN IT ALMOST FELL IN! DONT STOP TALKING ABOUT THE BUS! FUCK THE PEOPLE THAT DIED!

I never understood why people do not unbuckle themselves and break a window or open the door. I can understand if they are knocked out, but if they are awake, why don't they just swim out?

Is there something I do not know about regarding this?

Yea you didnt realize you were an idiot...

Plz allow Mythbusters to make you feel retarded you cant just open the door and swim out hoe...

gmme a min...to find it

****edit...

Ok I cant find it but the pressure pushing in on the cabin is greater than the cabin pressure there for until the pressure inside is equal to the pressure outside the door will not open.

Breaking a window in a car is hard in such a small space...