Cant get a fucking name

TheResignation00

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a dick or anything like that, but you need to be able to come up with your own name. If you can't even do that then maybe this isn't the right hobby for you.

One a more helpful note:

1. Go through the alphabet and pick out letters you like, and not letters you don't like.

2. Mix and match the letters of words that you like (taken already or something you came up with). The word Atlas can become: Salta, Latas, Stala, Altas, etc.

3. Start simple. Once you find some letters that you can mix together easily and invent a name that you like that isn't taken (check http://www.robotswillkill.com for a good list of written names) start drawing it in simple, plain letters. Jumping into it is a bad idea.

4. Take your time, and be patient. We all start off as toys, and getting angry won't do anything for you other than make your art look bad.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, so feel free to add onto it, guys.

• 4 months later...
Not to be a dick or anything like that, but you need to be able to come up with your own name. If you can't even do that then maybe this isn't the right hobby for you.

One a more helpful note:

1. Go through the alphabet and pick out letters you like, and not letters you don't like.

2. Mix and match the letters of words that you like (taken already or something you came up with). The word Atlas can become: Salta, Latas, Stala, Altas, etc.

3. Start simple. Once you find some letters that you can mix together easily and invent a name that you like that isn't taken (check http://www.robotswillkill.com for a good list of written names) start drawing it in simple, plain letters. Jumping into it is a bad idea.

4. Take your time, and be patient. We all start off as toys, and getting angry won't do anything for you other than make your art look bad.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, so feel free to add onto it, guys.

hobby? fuck hobbies.

IM NEW TO GRAFFITI I NEED A TAG

HELP???????????

AT THIS POINT I WOULD HAVE SAID YOU ARE IN GRAFFITI FOR THE WRONG REASONS, QUIT.

How about newbie.

I've never ever seen anyone write that.

naaa that corny,anything else???

but if you are just beginning who are you to criticize a word someone is giving you. newb is a good letter combo, im gonna sketch it after this.

i was thinkin somthing like CIRE or ECLIPSE but i dnt kno if their taken

and see this is why you are a retard. eclipse is taken (eklips) and theres many cire's and sire's

AT THIS POINT I WOULD HAVE SAID YOU ARE IN GRAFFITI FOR THE WRONG REASONS, QUIT.

but if you are just beginning who are you to criticize a word someone is giving you. newb is a good letter combo, im gonna sketch it after this.

and see this is why you are a retard. eclipse is taken (eklips) and theres many cire's and sire's

Fuck im new here and even i know this shit.:p

heres a thought. Just string together some letters you like.

Chances are no one else will be going on with the same hookup.

....not that it matters anyways. Im not from NYC but last time

i was there I seen pretty much every name i ever wrote, sketched or

thought about fucking with in 3 blocks. Its really not all about what

you write but how you write it.

Why dont you try an anogram? Heres something i was thinking. Theres

a Fucko in Ohio. An Ifuk in Florida. Probably 5 more heads writing

fuck somewhere in between. Nothing wrong with it IMO but its

also kinda course. In the event you get caught up and you have to

go in front of a court the prosecutor gets to tell the judge;

Defendant likes to write Fuck on the side of the freeway. Not a good

look. Now UFCK on the other hand. The letters aren't great but

they are what you make em.

z19974.jpg

I dont understand why there are so many threads like this one. Probably

the most popular thread topic on the oontz

basically... no matter how clever you think you are get over it

9.9 X out of 10 someone else somewhere else beat you to it

There are a handful of names out there that you may want to

avoid and if you look around for a few minutes its not too hard

to figure out what those are. Thats just if you dont want to get

blazed. I mean... start writing Cope and you gonna get laughed

at

ADD LETTERS UP WITHOUT VOWELS LIKE BOSR(ALREADY USED), VASR, FADR, HUSL(ALREADY USED) OR VAPR, ETC

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE NAMES YOU LISTED HAS A VOWEL IN IT YOU FUCKING IDIOT. CLOSE THIS THREAD. READ A FUCKING BOOK TO FIND A NAME LIKE THE REST OF US. THIS IS WHY THE INTERNET IS THE DOWNFALL OF GRAFFITI. CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!

• 3 months later...
If you really like a name but its already taken, you could add numbers, and if that other writer isn't from your area, then it doesn't really matter...

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

how the fuck you going to write TKID2?

TKID 2.0

IZ THE WIZ 3

SEEN 66

as for the area thing I sort of see what you mean because there are 6 others that write the same name as me to my knowledge. But I've written it longer than most of them and they are widely spread ( i.e Germany, sweden, kansas) and my name isn't a PHASE or a SKEME etc.

but originality should be a given!