Wii Recommendations!

MountHolyoke

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I need some advice...

I've been looking to get a Wii for about a month and I've had absolutely no luck. I've called all over my city and no one ever has even one in stock.

Does anyone have any trick to getting ahold of the basic Wii console for $250?

I'm not looking for the super mega deluxe bundles and shit for $500+.

I've been looking to get a Wii for about a month and I've had absolutely no luck. I've called all over my city and no one ever has even one in stock.

Just keep an open eye. I think GameStops will have most of the ones they're expecting reserved. I think your best luck would be at a Best Buy. When they get shipments, they tend to be large. I walked into a Best Buy about three or four weeks ago, and they had to have atleast 60+ on the sales floor in the open. I would also recommend physically going to the store rather than calling. The volumes of Wii calls that stores get are obscenely large, and employees are rather jaded from it. Just go, maybe twice a week. And avoid weekends.

Yo, Rage, I think Best Buy and Circuit City are the best sources for the basic $250 package....like someone else said, those two stores get large shipments in... but here's the thing: go on Sunday. They get the shipments in late Saturday night, and the Wii's hit the floor Sunday morning, so go early.

Also, I don't know what city you're in, but if you live in an urban/metropolitan area, you might be better off to venture into the burbs or rural areas and check the Best Buys there. I bought mine in downtown Boston, but a buddy drove to New Hampshire and grabbed one there.

Awesome info.

I actually did discover that Sunday is the best time to go to Circuit City.

Sadly I was a day late. I went yesterday (forgetting is was MLK Day) and the nice girl at the service desk told me that they sold out on Sunday.

I wanted to slap myself in the head. I competely forgot about weekly ads that electronic stores put out each Sunday morning.

Indeed, they had listed Wii's in the weekly ad, for sale that week and of course they were snatched up fast.

So, I will heed your advice and check out Circuit City tomorrow morning for the hell of it, but if I am shut out.. Sunday morning it is again.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got one at retail.

I hounded the local Circuit City constantly and knew that they would get shipments of them in Saturday night to sell Sunday am. I checked online for the weekly ad last Saturday and sure enough there were to be 6 Wii consoles in each Circuit City on Sunday.

I had read online elsewhere that there would still be lines waiting for the doors to open at 10am. I woke up at 7 and got to my local store at 7:30 to discover eight people already waiting in line. I decided not to give up and hope some were merely couples only getting once console.

I sat my ass on the cold concrete for 2 hours. As time passed more people lined up behind me. Someone mentioned the limited number of consoles in stock, to which another person mentioned they had called the night before and confirmed there being 12 total in store!

I was set. In fact, around 9am a manager came out to pass out vouchers to the first 12 people. That way we were able to warm up in our cars until the store opened it's doors.

10am arrived and I got my Wii.

Fuck yea.

My #: 0523 1668 9290 8097

(I'm AngryAlan on there)