Seroquel (Quetiapine)

geomat

so after 2 and half years without lithium and no major hassles i went on a bit of a bender last weekend and spent the weekend in psych ward, am free now but on the condition that i take this new wonder drug..

not happy about that,

i'm pretty much over all drugs and don't need a new one, especially one that makes me fat and gives me diabetes, dizziness, loss of balance etc...

anyone have any experience with it? any thoughts?

i would stop right now but it may not look good in court if refuse to comply.. and no, lying to my doctor and pretending to take it isn't really an option for me personally..

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Shit man, seroquel is pretty hardcore.

I have a friend who has had a single pill of seroquel for almost a year, he says whenever he faces insomnia he takes a razor blade and cuts off a tiny chip of the pill to help him sleep.

Ive heard it really fucks with your memory and you forget really simple things you did just minutes before like my friend would turn on his computer leave the room so he could wait for it to load, then come back in and be freaked out like "Who the fuck turned my computer on!"

Can you fake side effects or see if there are any alternatives you could go on? Why isnt lithium an option anymore?

just beer, and not sleeping for a couple of nights,

i've been diagnosed with bipolar,

it's not my first time, i used to be pretty out there sleeping rough and shooting up smack and speed and doing whatever, this was over 10 years ago now

i've had ECT and every other drug they could throw at me, i stopped taking all of them of my own free will,

there is currently a class action against the company as they give the drug to prisoners for sedation and many have contracted diabetes because of it, children and old people have died from it...

and the company made about 3.6 BILLION dollars US off this drug alone last year...

Diagnosed as bi-polar eh? I guess that could explain the PM you sent me...

dude i think we got off on the wrong foot' date=' i still think yr a little toy but i'm all about peace and love and /no homo but i like to mend my bridges...[/quote']

So your a fucking hippy? I dont know if you read the fine print but hippies are not allowed in ch0 thats why lens kept getting booted...die hippy fuck your peace and homo love...

ah when the fuck did i say i was a hippy? mate with an attitude like yours yr gonna get a nasty fucken come uppance one o these days, i'm ready to die, doesn't scare me and yr pathetic toy rantings are getting you ignored so don't bother replying, and oh yeah peace out bro

WTF is an uppance anyways?

i can't see what some1 wrote because he is a toy and i have him on ignore,

he called me a hippy because i tried to make peace with him after he e-abused me, i was never booted, he doesnt know who or what i know or am..

i don't really care what some1 wrote because he really is a toy..

I have a friend who has had a single pill of seroquel for almost a year, he says whenever he faces insomnia he takes a razor blade and cuts off a tiny chip of the pill to help him sleep.

Ive heard it really fucks with your memory and you forget really simple things you did just minutes before like my friend would turn on his computer leave the room so he could wait for it to load, then come back in and be freaked out like "Who the fuck turned my computer on!"

Can you fake side effects or see if there are any alternatives you could go on? Why isnt lithium an option anymore?

I was on seroquel for insomnia for 3-4 years on and off. I would eat 3-5 100 mg pills everynight. It's a bitch to get up in the morning though. For people who are hardcore spastic and crazy they have em doped up on up to 1300 mg throughout the DAY.

Watch for the munchies though, my first week on it, when they started to hit, I would zombie walk to the kitchen and crush half a loaf of bread, just eating toast and shit. I gained like 15 pounds in ten days. Shit makes you so calm though, I ate like 8 on my birthday and went out one year, smoked a ton of weed and was just floatin.

I flew from the west coast to the east coast for a trip, red eye, jet lagged, so I popped a bunch and ended up sleeping for 21 hours. That was the longest I've slept in my life. I've popped watching tv, trying to relax to sleep and ended up turning a 5 minute trip to the bathroom, into an hour long process, cause I couldn't move, when they hit, you're like glue.

I don't think the shit fucks with your memory at all either, I feel fine, I don't take em anymore, I just pop tylenol PMs now.

Sorry for the long post, but from a local paper:

Cures killing hundreds

HUNDREDS of Australians have died and thousands more suffered gruesome side effects after taking anti-psychotic medications, official figures have revealed.

Data from the nation's drug watchdog the Therapeutic Goods Administration shows 9532 adverse reports involving anti-psychotics in the past 15 years, including 399 deaths.

Of those adverse reports 390 involved children and teenagers, with some of the official papers reporting side effects like face twisting and massive weight gain, while others showed life-threatening reactions such as heart problems.

A TGA spokeswoman yesterday confirmed the data.

Anti-psychotics are medications generally used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. Up to 1 per cent of the Australian population experience schizophrenia at some stage in their lives and about 4 per cent experience bipolar.

The figures come as an Australian law firm takes on drugs giant Eli Lilly in a class action from a group of Australians who claim they suffered side effects after taking the anti-psychotic drug Zyprexa.

Queensland firm Nicol Robinson Halletts is representing patients from across Australia who claim symptoms such as weight gain, diabetes and pancreatitis.

"We are now in the double figures with clients from Zyprexa and we are seeing a number of alleged problems," lawyer Simon Harrison told The Daily Telegraph.

"The problems vary from inadequate policing of the medication to the alleged side effects of the medication not being conveyed," he said.

The TGA data covers a number of anti-psychotics including Zyprexa and catalogues thousands of serious side effects including a boy, 15, whose weight ballooned from 60kg to 100kg in 2002.

Another adverse anti-psychotic drug report described a 15-year-old girl who suffered "facial twisting, grimacing and frowning" in 2000 and in 2005 a 15 year old male was vomiting so severely he was hospitalised.

The deaths include a woman, 39, in 2000 who died a "sudden death" after weight gain and a 22-year-old male who had a cardiac arrest in 2003 due to anti-psychotics.

University of NSW Head of psychiatry Professor Philip Mitchell said anti-psychotics were widely used in teenagers as symptoms of bi-polar often present in the teenage years.

He was not alarmed by the data and said a number of new anti-psychotic drugs had emerged in the past 10 to 15 years which probably accounted for the reported adverse reactions.

A spokeswoman for Eli Lilly said they were aware of the initial case but did not have any details of the class action.

Of those adverse reports 390 involved children and teenagers, with some of the official papers reporting side effects like face twisting and massive weight gain, while others showed life-threatening reactions such as heart problems.

Queensland firm Nicol Robinson Halletts is representing patients from across Australia who claim symptoms such as weight gain, diabetes and pancreatitis.

The TGA data covers a number of anti-psychotics including Zyprexa and catalogues thousands of serious side effects including a boy, 15, whose weight ballooned from 60kg to 100kg in 2002.

Another adverse anti-psychotic drug report described a 15-year-old girl who suffered "facial twisting, grimacing and frowning" in 2000 and in 2005 a 15 year old male was vomiting so severely he was hospitalised.

The deaths include a woman, 39, in 2000 who died a "sudden death" after weight gain and a 22-year-old male who had a cardiac arrest in 2003 due to anti-psychotics.

I wouldn't take it.

Hahaha dude this shit is not a joke. My boy had them because he was trying to quit doing heroin or some shit. He said they would fuck me up like Xany's and gave me 4 of them for free. So I was like 12 beers deep and chewed up 4 of them at the same time. I made it home, thought I went to bed but my mom told me at around 3 in the morning I opened her bedroom door, dropped my pants and pissed all over the door. Then I picked my pants back up, walked back in my room and fell back asleep. I don't remember doing any of this.

quote]

that works for me as well, but thats the thing with this drug. for people who dont need it, we can take a tiny tiny tiny piece and its like taking xanax to go to sleep.

but for people who actually need it, the whole pill makes them normal. basically, im glad the little bit puts me out bc it means, chemically, my brain is on balance. if i took it and it did nothing, id have the problems.

thats the facts on that.

sorry you got it to be balanced?

Cures killing hundreds

HUNDREDS of Australians have died and thousands more suffered gruesome side effects after taking anti-psychotic medications, official figures have revealed.

Data from the nation's drug watchdog the Therapeutic Goods Administration shows 9532 adverse reports involving anti-psychotics in the past 15 years, including 399 deaths.

A TGA spokeswoman yesterday confirmed the data.

Anti-psychotics are medications generally used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. Up to 1 per cent of the Australian population experience schizophrenia at some stage in their lives and about 4 per cent experience bipolar.

The figures come as an Australian law firm takes on drugs giant Eli Lilly in a class action from a group of Australians who claim they suffered side effects after taking the anti-psychotic drug Zyprexa.

"We are now in the double figures with clients from Zyprexa and we are seeing a number of alleged problems," lawyer Simon Harrison told The Daily Telegraph.

"The problems vary from inadequate policing of the medication to the alleged side effects of the medication not being conveyed," he said.

University of NSW Head of psychiatry Professor Philip Mitchell said anti-psychotics were widely used in teenagers as symptoms of bi-polar often present in the teenage years.

He was not alarmed by the data and said a number of new anti-psychotic drugs had emerged in the past 10 to 15 years which probably accounted for the reported adverse reactions.

A spokeswoman for Eli Lilly said they were aware of the initial case but did not have any details of the class action.

Well there you go. You just answered you're own question. Don't take the shit. What are they gonna do lock you up? Do your time and come out healthy.