i have no idea what's wrong with me

madsencarl

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, there's some pretty good advice here, so i'm going to post mine anyway

you're probably at least minimally clinically depressed, i know exactly where you're coming from with this shit. try listening to music, that always helps, and even if it sounds pretty gay, try listening to some emo shit (not so emo), i dunno, something about some guy that's a loner and he's depressed and shit and has nothing to live for. just something you can relate to, cause trust me it makes you feel a lot better when you realize you're not the only one out here wondering why everything sucks so much and nothing's worth it. try talking to people you know have been through a lot of hardship before, cause they've been there done that and know how to deal, and that would help you out a lot my friend. i've been exactly where you are now, if not still there, and trust me it your best friend right now is time.

try to think of the good things in your life, count your blessings if i may, but don't get your hopes too high up, because judging from the state you're in and my past experience, it's just going to end up going to hell and you're going to find yourself laying on your bed at night someday thinking of all the reasons why you hate all of your friends and you'd rather just become a loner and all of the sad shit like that. it's ok to drown yourslelf in self-pity sometimes, it makes you realize some of the good shit about yourself when it seems impossible. don't do drugs and shit, that's just going to be a short term euphoria and it's going to fuck you up the ass later on. just let time pass and shit will get better eventually.

good luck

About a month and a half ago after me and my girl split up I was feelin like I didn't have a reason to live, and every night was spent getting so drunk I couldn't see, calling her to argue and scream, goin out and beating someone's ass, then taking Nyquil so I could try and sleep

I wasn't eating, I wasn't talking to or hangin out with my friends, I was calling out/leaving work early every single day, and my life was just spinning outta control

Then one day I just decided it had to stop...I kept drinking every night and calling her, but I started fuckin other girls, hangin out with my friends again, and workin mad overtime at my job. Now I'm still drinkin every night, but other then that I feel fine...I mean, the situation still sucks and it's still there ut I don't let it consume my life

That's how you gotta be

maybe you have xeroderma pigmentosum:

Xeroderma pigmentosum, or XP, is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder of DNA repair in which the body's normal ability to remove damage caused by ultraviolet (UV) light is deficient. This leads to multiple basaliomas and other skin malignancies at a young age. In severe cases, it is necessary to avoid sunlight completely.

9-4_xp_child_in_suit.jpg

Xeroderm.gif

^^^You really couldn't be more wrong dude.

i hear ya, but what i wrote was the reality of this world. shit ain't always sunshine and fucking panda bears. you just need to face that, move on, and let whatever fucks you up --make you stronger.

i can't believe someone told this dude to listen to bright eyes --i hope you were kidding. if you want to listen to something, listen to curtis mayfield's song "move on up." put the fucking thing on repeat and enjoy.

one hour i'm happy, amusing myself, the next i feel like shit.

i don't really find interest in any of my hobbies anymore, and often feel bored shitless even when i'm doing something i'd usually love.

and when i get bored, i start to think about everything, and then i just get depressed again.

i can't turn my fucking brain off. i hate it. i want to be able to relax. or at least get proper sleep at night.

sorry for starting this thread.

good luck to all.

in all sincere interests, you should probably see a therapist. if you don't have insurance, you should look into free care/free counceling set up by your state.

how old are you? do you use a lot of drugs? there are a few other questions i could ask you, but the answers might be too hush hush for here. pm me if you want, i can give you some advice.

if you don't want to pm me, let me just tell you this: when i was about 21 i felt the same way, and it was horrible. i saw a therapist and was prescribed Effexor. Shit worked. i took it for a year or so, and then stopped. (slowly stopped with the help of my doctor)

i feel really great now and look back at that as a time when i was suffering needlessly. people have already said it: "be happy you're alive," and they're right. but there is more out there...

Im with ya sape. Ive been in a new city 1000 miles away from all my friends for 7 months now, cant find a steady job, wrecked my car so now I'm stranded, drink way too much (as usual), but I'll tell ya what, besides getting drunk everyday, what makes me feel better is usually coming in here and reading all the silly shit people post. Although this thread has had some really great advice to offer, mixed in with your usual bs of course.

Don't know what else to say.. The up/down/up/down of it all is the worst part I think.

I miss my friend schroader.

Its been said already, but try to keep your chin up. You're still breathing, which is more than some of us deserve.

You know how when you talk to someone who just came home from jail or rehab and they say, "im just taking it easy relaxing bro, one day at a time........."? Thats how Ive been living for the past 5 years. I get bored as fuck. Not many friends. Ive been through quite a few hardships, rejection, been an outsider all my life. But I aint complaining, more people=more problems. It used to get me really depressed. Then I realized that you can die at any moment, so I just indulge in everything I can within reason.

how is atheism depressing?

individuality, a healthy self-esteem and a foundation of integrity are now considered depressing?

*edit:

To be on topic, you sound depressed homie. Noones posts will truly lift you out of this, only you can. I suggest that you do some simple stuff to clear your mind, jogging/walking, cleaning the house, folding your clothes. Don't think random thoughts while you do it, only concentrate on the task at hand, as this will help bring you into a state of focused awareness if done correctly. When you reach this state, which is comparable to Vipassana Meditation (http://www.dhamma.org/en/vipassana.shtml), try to introspect on what the root problem is. Once you identify a problem, then stop and focus on why that problem exists. Once you determine why that problem is there, then the most important part, you must confront yourself with the reality that the issue itself is unhealthy and should be eradicated from your everyday practice of life.

I know it all sounds like a long and deep process, and it is, but in reality once you are truly comfortable with self-observation (it can be quite scary confronting certain realities), each observation will eventually start and finish in a flash.

You have what it takes to be whatever you want to be, do whatever you want to do. Noone can take that from you or give it to you, it's already there. I believe you can rid yourself of this delusion, trust in yourself my friend.

and even if it sounds pretty gay, try listening to some emo shit (not so emo), i dunno, something about some guy that's a loner and he's depressed and shit and has nothing to live for.

Did anyone else read this??

He is recommending emo music??

that is almost as bad as when turtz said he went to raves...

Haha, I thought I was the only one...

It's still strange as hell though.

I'm way more comfortable at night.

im with you both on this one.fuck the sunshine.plus its too hot during the summer.winter is good.but fuck the sunshine.fuck it right in its ass.prozac is bad......just deal with it....