F1 Rain Chaos

Hayabusa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZj8pBmPZpk&mode=related&search=

today was the European GP for Formula 1

i know u guys dont really follow it, but thats besides the point

the race got a heavy dose of rain, which made for a very interesting day

the above video shows the chaos which ensued once it started to rain heavily (lakes forming on the track)

enjoy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

F1 technology is unsurpassed. I read in a magazine from 2005 that one of the materials used in the current (05) jet fighter planes was deemed outdated in F1 cars in 1991. F1 cars are usually 85% carbon fiber. Jet planes are no where near made of that much carbon fiber.

i think most of them were fucked (wrecked the car)

the one who did get back didnt really hit anything too hard

those things are delicate and dont like going across rocky gravel

its the Euro GP cuz thats what its called, there are many more GP's all over Europe but bearing the countries name where they are, this ones just European

Well the Germans once thought they were the best nation in the world, so for them to claim to be the European GP is no great stretch.

I personally like to watch the Monaco GP, as that is a damn hard track (as found out from playing Gran Turismo, haha) and the scenery there is nice

How come the ones that slid off toward the end stayed there and didn't try to get back on the track? Were they stuck or were they just like "fuck it" and gave up? I don't know shit about car racing.

It's the gravel trap - they're on most race circuits.

I think it is mainly a precautionary solution for slowing down an at-speed car when it goes off the track, lessening the impact with the (tire)wall.

But to answer your question, once a car is in, it's stuck where it then requires the use of a crane truck (as you'll see towards the end of the clip) to fish it out.