harry potter conclusion- why hasn't anyone read the last page yet?

GamblersGrin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont get the big deal? Maybe you should read the books and then you might have an understanding.

or i can spend all those hours of my life in a better way, like sitting in my basement huffing keyboard cleaner. that partay is down stairs baby

the only real trilogy is star wars fool.

lord of the rings can blow it.

fuck that noise guy. star wars is classic film, but it cannot touch the incredible literature of JRR Tolkien. the LOTR trilogy, the hobbit, and the other middle earth books introduced a world far grander than that of star wars.

fuck that noise guy. star wars is classic film, but it cannot touch the incredible literature of JRR Tolkien. the LOTR trilogy, the hobbit, and the other middle earth books introduced a world far grander than that of star wars.

i'll probably catch a bunch of shit for this, but honestly i think star wars is kinda wack. there's so many ideas that they just straight up rip off, like not just that they were "inspired" by, but pretty much just copied, making a few little changes here and there to make it seem "original".

http://www.spookybug.com/origins/lotr.html

that's just the lord of the rings comparisons, check around and look at the other shit.

funny thing is, nowadays quentin tarantino is doing the same shit (like ripping off lady snowblood to make kill bill), and getting the same praise.

/movie nerd rant.

^^

READ A BOOK

READ A BOOK

READ A MOTHERFUCKING BOOK

READ A BOOK

READ A BOOK

READ A MOTHERFUCKING BOOK

R.E.A.D.A.B.O.OKAY

R.E.A.D.A.B.O.OKAY

NOT A SPORTS PAGE (WHAT)

NOT A MAGAZINE (WHO)

BUT A BOOK NIGGA

A FUCKING BOOK NIGGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWqa7cbdOC8

I at least think thats halarious.

i'll probably catch a bunch of shit for this, but honestly i think star wars is kinda wack. there's so many ideas that they just straight up rip off, like not just that they were "inspired" by, but pretty much just copied, making a few little changes here and there to make it seem "original".

http://www.spookybug.com/origins/lotr.html

that's just the lord of the rings comparisons, check around and look at the other shit.

funny thing is, nowadays quentin tarantino is doing the same shit (like ripping off lady snowblood to make kill bill), and getting the same praise.

/movie nerd rant.

Ehh, movies like Star Wars less to do with original story and more to do with creating the world imagined. I mean one could bitch about the many tropes and themes it borrows and steals from all sorts of stories. But to what end? Allegories of good and evil tend to have similar structures always. I mean shit that we have even developed a history of the tragic drama and the tragic hero should display that.

As far as tarantino. I noticed recently all of his shit is an homage to other forms of already made drama. Pulp fiction is the same way towards Shakespeare (sp?). All the monologues, reliance on witty banter to drive the film, small shorts coallescing at the end. The stench of the bard is unmistakable.

Basically I think he is just a translator of sorts.

hahaha...i was just kidding.

seriously though...on some mega geek shit...you think Sauron is greater than the Force? and i hate to bust bubbles but, how can the world of LOTR be bigger than the Star Wars universe? we're talking planets and death stars, meng...Emperor pushes one button, buh bye Morridor!

:lol: :lol: