Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RELAPSER

Wow, just wow...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14044/Peter-Jacksons-WETA-Creates-Fully-Functioning-Warthog/

It's Friday night and that means there's a new Bungie Weekly Update. This week, Frank O'Connor provides some feedback on the rumor that there won't be online co-op in Halo 3. Additionally, he revealed that Peter Jackson's WETA has built a real life Warthog:

The dudes at WETA made a Warthog. I don’t mean that they made a big plastic thing that looks like a Warthog. I mean they built a fully-functioning, four-wheel steering, powerful, off-road vehicle with a machine gun on the back. At the correct scale. If you live near Wellington, New Zealand, you might even see some crazy machine-shop dude from WETA fishtailing around your base, ahem, I mean neighborhood.

What’s it for? Well, a couple of things – one of which will be one of the shorts coming from director Neill Blomkamp. We sort of blindsided you guys with the first short (Arms Race) – it had little to no context or explanation, but when you see it as it was originally intended – as part of an overall narrative, you might just pee your pants. And if you don’t, then the picture below will certainly cause some leakage.

Goddamn. It’s a Warthog.

1184982135.jpg

*drools*

what gun is that? barrels not right to be a 50 cal. german maybe?

**edit. upon further inspection its far smaller than a 50. bigger than 7.62 though. hmm.

I bet that mom from Long Beach would totally buy this for her kids..

*drools*

what gun is that? barrels not right to be a 50 cal. german maybe?

**edit. upon further inspection its far smaller than a 50. bigger than 7.62 though. hmm.

its not a real gun

its not a real gun

i assumed its not actually a functioning weapon, is it one made up for the game though?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now