iphone..

Spitfire15

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
word on the street is that when jaguar drops there are going to be a ton of improvements/integrations for the iphone. ichat is supposed to roll out in the next few weeks as well.

I'm sure you meant to say Leopard... not Jaguar. You must've been sleepy...

My homie was showng me flicks on his phone and that shit froze. You couldnt turn it off, and you cant take out the battery so he is going to have to get a new one. He was pretty heated after spending $600.00 on the 6 gig.

iPhone Problems

• iPhone returns to home page automatically

My iPhone will automatically go back to HOME page while surfing the web or watching a YouTube video (mostly surfing the web).

This problem has been happening consistently and after calling tech support I was told to try "turning off" the iPhone for 15 seconds. After doing this - the problem seemed to go away - at least temporarily.

How to turn-off the iPhone

The top-right button normally acts as a sleep/wake function and does not turn your iPhone off, instead it places it into standby mode. To turn the iPhone off - hold down the top-right power button for about 3-seconds. The iPhone screen will then display a slide a bar to turn the phone off. Leave it off for about 15 seconds then turn it back on. To turn it back on - hold down the same sleep/wake button for about a second. Doing this should reduce or eliminate any strange problems you might be experiencing with your iPhone.

• The iPhone's "Slide to Unlock" won't work

This started happening to me two nights ago. A call came in and I was unable to slide the "Slide to Unlock" switch on the iPhone's screen. I ended up missing the call. When I pressed the sleep/wake button off and on I was able to try again and this time I was able to unlock the phone. Unfortunately this problem got worse the next day and got to a point where I could no longer unlock the phone. No matter how many times I tried the touch screen wasn't working. Finally, I decided to try turning the phone on and off (as described in the first bullet point) and that cured the problem. So far the problem has not resurfaced, though it has only been 24 hours.

• The iPhone will freeze completely

This morning while surfing the web I landed on a website that seemingly crashed the iPhone. The site stopped loading about 3/4 of the way - and the iPhone totally froze. Nothing on the screen would work and none of the buttons would respond - including the sleep/wake button. The screen was now 'stuck' in an on position and would have drained my battery if I didn't reset it.

How to Reset your iPhone

When the iPhone doesn't respond to screen taps or button presses you might be forced to do a reset. There are two ways to reset an iPhone.
    1. Forced Quit: If an application is frozen, just press and hold the iPhone's home button for about 5 seconds, or until the home screen shows up. If this doesn't work - as it didn't for me then option #2 should take care of it.

2. Soft Reset: Press the sleep/wake button while pressing the HOME button for about 10 seconds - or until the Apple logo appears on the screen. This reset worked for me and your data will not be lost.

Well that was mighty sweet of you to post some help there Mr. Lord. I immediately thought your post was going to be negative toward the iPhone... I'm glad I was wrong.

I always have to have a giggle about people who bitch and moan about technology when it hiccups. Even computers aren't perfect...