frieghts- fines, penalty?

Hilarys Duff

im assuming the punishment would be less if caught painting frieghts compared to a building etc.

would i be right in thinking this?

im not planning on having to find out myself but its good to know what youre looking at.

if caught is it up to the railroad or fr8 company to press charges...or who?

any info is appreciated

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It depends where you paint them. In many places, every freight you do can carry a felony charge and fines of 10,000 to 50,000 dollars. Some states are also trying to classify messing with the railways as terrorism these days.

Also, search next time. If you're painting freights, go read the Yard Safety and Critical Mass: Death of the Freight Scene threads.

A single spray painted tag is usually considered more than $2k in damages. And more and more states are calling any graffiti at all a felony. A sixth grader caught felony charges for writing "I love Alex" on a brick wall with a sharpie a couple of weeks ago. Seriously. Google it.

Don't start painting because you assume that you won't get into real trouble. I know writers who have been to jail, and lots more who have paid enough in fines to fund a college education.