the word "hipster" as a negative gets thrown around far too often...

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the guys i work with is a fixed gear hipster...

all his hipster homies come in and get tattoos from him...

it's kinda pathetic...

i find that lack of sincerity appalling....

i choose not to associate myself with insecure people.....

so i'm still a little confused..

i usually wear a white shirt or a shirt/sweater that has stripes on it, and yes i wear slim jeans but they don't turn my balls into peanuts, and i don't ride a fixed gear bike everywhere, i skate everywhere, i usually have vans or duffs on my feet, i listen to a lot of rage against the machine, daft punk, and then a lot of other obscure music, mostly made up of built to spill and the thermals, among others that i guess would be considered "indie," but i never look at it that way. my hair is short cut and sometimes i put gel in it. i have a slider phone that's white, and my ipod is always in my pocket. and i'm broke. i enjoy iced tea at starbuck's. and i'm quite young.

hipster??

one of the guys i work with is a fixed gear hipster...

all his hipster homies come in and get tattoos from him...

it's kinda pathetic...

i find that lack of sincerity appalling....

i choose not to associate myself with insecure people.....

catch a flick of them fucktards.

all incognito steez.

my problem with 'hipsters' is that...actualy, i really dont give a shit ne way or another anymore, but if i had to think of a problem, its the complete and total lack of sincerity. every breath, word, thought and idea that they have is first filtered through a siv or ironic deflection.

listening to ghost face and the smiths is cool, because its ironic. having a mullet is cool, because its ironic. having a creepy wigger mustache is cool, as long as you're not a creepy wigger. wearing clothes that make you look like some sort of homeless schizophrenic baglady is cool, because its ironic. they like to latch onto a time (the 80's) that they didnt really exist in, and reclaim it as their own. classic rock is real ironically cool, but it would not be cool if you were older and listened to 'for real'. i really like tesla. i had tesla tapes when they first came out. that is not cool. if i was 18 and i liked tesla, it would be cool. i could go on but i dont care anymore. im sleepy goodnight.

. i really like tesla. i had tesla tapes when they first came out. .

holly shit dood..

my mom got me their tape when i was in like grade 5 or 6.

i havent thought about that shit for like 15 years

YO WAIT LEMME AXE A QUESTION

NIGGAS WHO ARE HOOD

ARE THEY THEIR OWN TYPE OF HIPSTER?

i guess they are if they try to take on whatever look is popular at the moment, and they talk about being real and standing for something but really only care about getting drunk, partying, and fucking.

but, i think there's a number of other cultural differences that would make me say "no"

also, i'd say they are if they're on all that rockstar shit.

i guess they are if they try to take on whatever look is popular at the moment, and they talk about being real and standing for something but really only care about getting drunk, partying, and fucking.

but, i think there's a number of other cultural differences that would make me say "no"

also, i'd say they are if they're on all that rockstar shit.

IM REAL AND I STAND FOR MONEY. BUT I REALLY ONLY CARE ABOUT GETTING HIGH AND DRUNK, PARTYING, AND FUCKING.