the word "hipster" as a negative gets thrown around far too often...

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

accessorising with studded wristbands! totally awesome!

its just when everyone at the skatepark started to dress like a jim greco nutswinger, making sure that they had a sufficiently "punk" demeanor, and pretending that they have heard of the ramones that i realised how fucking stupid most people are, and that they will do anything to "fit in" instead of just skateboarding...

I was discussing this with somebody on the patio last night. when pressed to describe what exactly a hipster is, I was lost.

I was in the same boat just hours before this thread eventuated. Like seeking said, I couldn't describe one, but I could point one out at a bar.

I read this whole thread, and I figure they are just like emos, but more trendy and without the garish makeup.

Hipsters: people in thier teens to 20s who generally listen to indie rock, hang out in coffee shops, shop at the thrift store and talk about things like books, music, films and art.

111.jpg

Scenesters: Phony kids claiming to be apart of a scene. They lack the sincereity and will change when the trend is gone.

11.jpg

BUMP!!

i answered the whole thread in one fucking POST!!!

NAH IM DEFINETLY NOT DOWN WITH ANYTHING THAT FALLS UNDER THAT UMBRELLA.

YO IF YOU DOIN ANYTHING AND YOU FRONTIN WIT IT YOU'RE A HIPSTER B. THATS IT...IF YOU FROM KANSAS CITY AND LISTENED TO GARBAGE ROCK MUSIC THEN YOU MOVED TO BEDFORD AVE AND STARTED LISTENING TO 50 CENT AND HANGIN OUT WITH NIGGAS WHO LOOK LIKE WOMEN AND YALL ALL SIT AROUND LISTENING TO DIPSET WHEN YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU DONT FUCK WITH THAT SHIT, THEN YOU TAKE IT EVEN FURTHER AND OD AND BUY A MEDIUM TSHIRT. THEN YOU'RE FRONTIN AND YOU FALL UNDER THAT CATEGORY.

...especially given the fact that 99% of people on this board actually fall under that category.

damn near everything anyone under the age of 35 does/wears/listens to these days could be classed as "hipster" so you all really need to let it go and stop fronting.

denial ain't just a river in egypt

whocares.jpg