best city to write in

WEb=ijP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know if anyone has even really heard about the seen here in bloomington but shit hardley gets the buff. There is the biggest safe as hell train yard i've ever seen and there are tons of spots were people have hit since 96' and the buff just never came.

im suprised nobody has said detroit.pretty fucking wonderful city.aside from running into gang squad.these guys are cruel:beat2: .but still pretty fucking great city. not too many people wandering around.not many writers. shit is raw. :burned:

Guest imported_b0b

You need to think of foreign shores for the best cities to write in; I can narrow it down to 3.

Barcelona

Amsterdam

Copenhagen

Barcelona is a cool place. It has a metro and a commuter train system to rock too. It has literally graffiti everywhere and all sorts of street art and hippy stuff. It has a beach, great nightlife, lots of alleyways and side roads to paint and a real creative atmosphere to the place. Everyone should go there and paint. When I wass on my way to the airport to go home, I saw someone bombing the emtro station during morning rush hour, no-one said a word to him. Then he got on the train and got insides too. Again no one even batted an eyelid.

Amsterdam is a mental place and creative place too . Ride around on the metro or commuter trains and you see non-stop colour pieces for miles and the centre has loads of street bombing. Also weed is legal and in the red light district the girls are in the windows showing their wares. Heaven!

Copenhagen I have only visited once, but seemed like a cool place. Beautiful blondes riding bikes over cobblestoned streets sticks in my head most, but I have vague memories of there being lots of style there and a lots ot action too. Transit was rocked and styles along all the tracks. Oh and don't forget Cristiana for your weed either.

i second crazeeb

barcelona would be the best in my eyes for graffiti.

the best creative and innovative city that i ever been in.

its one of the high lights for a graffiti tour in europe

LA MANO FOR PRESIDENT

• 1 month later...

i would say amsterdam and mexico city. it would be sooo easy to go buck wild in mexico city- i dont think anyone there has ever considered buffing graffiti.

the yards off the train lines in amsterdam had the best quality stuff i have ever seen, FOR MILES. ridiculous

next stop for me is barcelona:cool:

AS FAR AS THE UNITED STATES OF FASCISM I CONCERED(SOMEONE ACTUALY LISTED PHILLY AS A BEST CITY!?!) NEW YORK TAKES IT. I LIVE IN PHILLY. ITS THE WORST FUCKING BUFF. ANTI GRAFFITI NETWORK IS OUT THERE EVERY DAY AND NOTHING LASTS.

BUT I FUCKIN LOVE NEW YORK!!! I TAKE THE BUSS THERE AND GET THERE MID AFTERNOON AND IMEDIATELY START BOMBIN(IN BROUD DAYLIGHTMIND YOU) AND NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. THE ONLY TIME I EVER BEEN SPOTTED BY THE COPS, THES FLASHED THEY SIREN, I TOOK OFF RUNIN, AND THEY DIDNT EVEN BOTHER CHASIN ME! OF COURSE YOU GOTS TA BE WAREY OF VANDAL SQUAD, BUT THATS IT. IN PHILLY I BEEN CHASED,ATTACKED, HAD GUNS PULLED ON ME(BY RANDOM PEOPLE, NOT EVEN COPS) AND THE COPS CALLED ON ME JUST FOR CATCHIN TAGS! NEW YORK, NOBODY REALY CARES.

ALSO ID LIKE TO STATE THAT LEGAL WALLS(NO MATTER HOW DOPE, ARE NOT GRAFFITI AND DO NOT COMMAND ANY REAL RESPECT FROM THE GRAFFITY COMMUNITY. AND FREIGHTS ARE ONLY A SMALL ASPECT AS FAR AS PEOPLE ON YOUR STREETS ARE NOT EVER GONNA SEE IT, BUT I GUES IF YOU LIVE IN THE STICKS THATS PROBABLY ALL YOU GOT TO WRITE ON, SHIT I LIVE IN A CITY AND I STILL HAVE FUN WITH THE FREIGHTS WHEN I GET THE CHANCE. THATS ALL FOR MY DRUNKEN BABLE TONIGHT.

Originally posted by MissJ

tijuana, mexico. if you got balls, youll bomb here. whores, drugs, liquor, donkey shows, tha werx.

Whores, Drugs,Liquor.....DONKEY SHOWS?

I don`t get why this is a good city to paint from a graffiti perspective?

I supose I could get a good runner on one of the Donkeys?!?!?!

I'd have to go with Prague in the Czech republic - it's like a cross between Barcelona and Amsterdam. Bombing everywhere, cheap strip joints, good weather, and the beer (as well as everything else) is so cheap! They have a subway, local trains with runners, full colour tracksides. Did I mention the cheap strip joints and great beer (v cheap)? They all speak English (to a degree).

Portland was mentioned, peice of cake, Easy to paint, Seattle on the other hand takes a wheelbarrel 5 mexicans and a LARGE set of nuts! Pretty extream peneltys, fuckin pigs and heros...well more pigs than heros , but still. I dunno I still like Richmond VA. too. Im sorry what was the question?

• 10 months later...

Sayre PA,

Sayre PA, small ass hick town with tones of freight tho i would not bomb on the walls hear but the freights have not security hear to small lol you can just walk up to a freight and start bombing and you really dont have to watch out for uncoming freights the freight yard is so big but most are abandon good for toys like a freight haven

it's fun gettin up here but pigs are every where. They take you in for dumb shit like bombin a mailbox. I actaully saw that happen to my boy's kid brother. retarted definitely. Anti graff people are everywhere like an epidemic. They hate us.

Guest Sir Doodles

Your city...so quit coming to Chicago! Actually Vancouver, BC, Amsterdam, NL, Denver, CO....hmmm Mexico City DF, and umm Firenze, IT....

We create a mental atmosphere.

Originally posted by SF1

BUT I FUCKIN LOVE NEW YORK!!! I TAKE THE BUSS THERE AND GET THERE MID AFTERNOON AND IMEDIATELY START BOMBIN(IN BROUD DAYLIGHTMIND YOU) AND NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. THE ONLY TIME I EVER BEEN SPOTTED BY THE COPS, THES FLASHED THEY SIREN, I TOOK OFF RUNIN, AND THEY DIDNT EVEN BOTHER CHASIN ME! OF COURSE YOU GOTS TA BE WAREY OF VANDAL SQUAD, BUT THATS IT. IN PHILLY I BEEN CHASED,ATTACKED, HAD GUNS PULLED ON ME(BY RANDOM PEOPLE, NOT EVEN COPS) AND THE COPS CALLED ON ME JUST FOR CATCHIN TAGS! NEW YORK, NOBODY REALY CARES.

I don't know where the fuck you go, but cops

and pedestrians hate the shit a little more than

that in most areas...

DETROIT would go as best place to

paint if you ask me... not too many people

out at night, cops have more to worry about

than graff, more and more writers ever year

and plenty of spots to spare.

Too bad I hardly painted when I lived there.

Archived