Am i gonna get raped by Mexicans...?

mindvapors

Filming a commercial in Mexico...advice plx?

So i got an email from someone looking for stunt guys for a chocolate bar commercial. He contacted me through a site I help out with. Thing is, the email was super sketchy (misspellings and grammar, but i ended up deciding to attribute that to the fact he's from Mexico. Here's the initial email:

> > > Hello my name is Paco _______ from Mexico city, i am making a comercial for

> > _________ (chocolate), the agency is BBDO Mexico,

> > > and the production company is Distrito Films www.distritofilms.com.

> > > The shooting it will happen 22 and 23 of july but we need the guys

> > > here july 19 in the morning, and the come back on july 24

> > >

> > >

> > > I need 1 guy look like __ or __ or __ years old, (last year of _______)

> > > white or dark caucasian, no asian, no black guys

> > > I rather like guys with stunt experience but isn't obligatory

> > >

> > >

> > > Maybe you can help me

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Thank you very much

> > >

> > >

> > > Paco _____

> > >

> > > +[phone number]

I got this like 4 days ago-- talk about short notice. Anyway, I replied basically for fun/to be kind, letting him know what I thought about the way he came off, but was impressed by the filming company's work and so i followed through a bit.

Long story short, we've had about 18 or so emails back and forth. I've sent him a few pics of myself, along with a video (a sampler of sorts). He says its all expenses paid + 1,500 USD.

Another weird thing is i'm located in Boston, why go so far as to pay for someone from another country to come down? Surely they have people capable of what they need IN Mexico.

AND he hasn't replied back since the day i got it and replied. Throw that on top of how UNprofessional he sounds, it makes me wonder if i'm gonna end up bent over in front of some huge scary drug lord.

Advice?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seems to be poor english thats all...why would you say rape though is that a freudian slip of some repressed homo desire....dude says he needs a white guy...that might be why hes askin an american...

get paid first then do the damn thing

maybe the chocolate bar will be dudes cock in your culo

Oh, sorry.

+/nohomo

Also, I'm not very familiar with these sorts of correspondences (I've done media stuff, but no actual business type things like this), so I just immediately thought that such a thing would be more structured and professional. Though I rather casual encounters.

So i got an email from someone looking for stunt guys for a chocolate bar commercial. He contacted me through a site I help out with. Thing is, the email was super sketchy (misspellings and grammar, but i ended up deciding to attribute that to the fact he's from Mexico. Here's the initial email:

I got this like 4 days ago-- talk about short notice. Anyway, I replied basically for fun/to be kind, letting him know what I thought about the way he came off, but was impressed by the filming company's work and so i followed through a bit.

Long story short, we've had about 18 or so emails back and forth. I've sent him a few pics of myself, along with a video (a sampler of sorts). He says its all expenses paid + 1,500 USD.

Another weird thing is i'm located in Boston, why go so far as to pay for someone from another country to come down? Surely they have people capable of what they need IN Mexico.

AND he hasn't replied back since the day i got it and replied. Throw that on top of how UNprofessional he sounds, it makes me wonder if i'm gonna end up bent over in front of some huge scary drug lord.

Advice?

YOUR FUCKED!!! :crap:

I hate it when people dont reply to emails at all. Its really unprofessional/rude. Its like how hard is it to go:

"We are currently under overwhelmed with orders at the moment and and are currently unable to help you. We look forward to doung business and a later date and will contact you when we are in a position to do so. Thankyour for your time"

Seriously?

Re: Filming a commercial in Mexico...advice plx?

No, Not really. Mexicans don't do stunts or extreme sports.

I hate it when people dont reply to emails at all. Its really unprofessional/rude. Its like how hard is it to go:

"We are currently under overwhelmed with orders at the moment and and are currently unable to help you. We look forward to doung business and a later date and will contact you when we are in a position to do so. Thankyour for your time"

Seriously?

Seriously! That is one of the most annoying and aggravating things ever. It is not that hard to send a two line email. God damn.

just call them, man...don't be scurred. If you call, you'll get a better feel for it, I think.

Ya, i ended up calling and he said he "hadn't checked any of his email over the weekend", although he hasn't replied since like last Wednesday...

He says he's waiting for his client to get back to him with the last word. He said Wednesday at most i should hear from him. Which is crazily close to when i'd be leaving (that night or the next morning).