SPIDERS IN THE WOODS

John Basegow

centipede.jpg

um, yeah...the centipedes ive seen in california are similar to this. and like 2 inches long...

did you know the difference between centipedes and millipedes is that centipedes have one set of legs per section of their body and millipedes have two?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I lived in Providence the only centipedes I saw were these:

House_centipede.jpg

...which at the time I didn't even know were centipedes. I just thought they were some primitive roach kinda thing, actually pretty neat.

But this is jungle country down here. The mammals get smaller and the insects get bigger.

These things grow ridiculously large here, and they will fucking terrorize your shit. Fuck mice and roaches, one of these things shows up at a party, people freak the fuck out, it's like seeing a fucking cobra.

Yes, they're all quite poisonous. Not kill-you poisonous, but definitely super-fucking-painful-swollen-limb-fever poisonous. But it's not so much the poison that gives me the creeps as it is the giant fucking jaws of death that want to stab your shit:

600px-Scolopendra_fg02.JPG

_41069480_centipede_pa_ok2.jpg

This is the kind we have in PR. I'm not fucking with that.

YO THE TYPE OF SHIT THAT WOULD RUN OUT FROM UNDER THE COUCHES/BEDS/DOORS IN THE HOUSE MY MOMS GREW UP IN IN D.R. MAKES ME LAUGH AT INSECTS HERE B. EVEN THE EVIL GHETTO FLYING ROACHES THAT SOUND LIKE PEPSI CANS WHEN YOU STEP ON THEM. BUT YO I FUCKIN HATE SPIDERS B. IF I GET SPIDERWEB ON ME I BE FEELING LIKE I GOT SPIDERS IN MY WHITE TEE FOR HOURS.

blackwidow.jpg

my pet black widow from our last place

those east coast centipedes look all prehistoric and shit. the big ones remind me of indiana jones and that kid from goonies talking about fortune cookies. man. i wonder if he feels bad looking back now for playing the biggest ching chong asian role in recent history.

YO THE TYPE OF SHIT THAT WOULD RUN OUT FROM UNDER THE COUCHES/BEDS/DOORS IN THE HOUSE MY MOMS GREW UP IN IN D.R. MAKES ME LAUGH AT INSECTS HERE B. EVEN THE EVIL GHETTO FLYING ROACHES THAT SOUND LIKE PEPSI CANS WHEN YOU STEP ON THEM. BUT YO I FUCKIN HATE SPIDERS B. IF I GET SPIDERWEB ON ME I BE FEELING LIKE I GOT SPIDERS IN MY WHITE TEE FOR HOURS.

hahaha, white tees

oh, but, uh...theres certain spiders that i cant hang with at the mo. for example:

Fraser187.jpg

the huntsman. theyre australian house spiders, but giant. like, hand sized. abc's mom told me that she was in the car driving, and she pulled down the visor and there was a huntsman chilling behind it. no thank you! not like a foot from my face while trapped in a car.

maybe if i lived in australia for a while itd be alright with me. but for now, im cool on giant house spiders. unless i have iguanas hanging out at my house to eat them.

in my first dream this morning, i was drunk and one big black widow and one giant black widow with yellow tipped legs bit me and i had to go to the er and my family came and i drunk dialed my uncle at midnight while i was there. my hand had lesions where they bit me that grew very rapidly and were filled with snot colored pus inside and scabs around the edges. same thing happened to my foot. no one in the er treated me and i kept waiting for the seizures to start

centipede.jpg

um, yeah...the centipedes ive seen in california are similar to this. and like 2 inches long...

did you know the difference between centipedes and millipedes is that centipedes have one set of legs per section of their body and millipedes have two?

millipedes are harmless, centipedes are poisonous.

I don't know if it's the norm, but I've been chased by a centipede before. Total movie shit too, I was around 10, walking down a little dead end alley by the beach and this thing busts out of a garbage pile and runs straight at me, covering the exit. I freaked out and ran down the alley until I couldn't go any further. I wouldn't even possibly consider sidestepping or jumping over it, so I grabbed a piece of wood and waited for it to get to me, then proceeded to smash the living shit out of it while screaming at the top of my lungs.

When it was dead I did the whole stupid lean-in-and-poke bit, and this fucking thing lunged at me. Thankfully the rear half of its body was smashed and stuck to the ground, so the head just hovered and wiggled helplessly, but it made me jump really fucking hard and I smashed the rest to bits. Truly oone of the scariest moments of my childhood.

Another time in second grade one of these things straight ran into the classroom and all hell broke lose. Kids screaming, teachers standing on desks, books flying, chairs toppling over. A janitor had to come in and kill it with a broomstick, cause nobody else would fuck with it.

I don't know if it's the norm, but I've been chased by a centipede before. Total movie shit too, I was around 10, walking down a little dead end alley by the beach and this thing busts out of a garbage pile and runs straight at me, covering the exit. I freaked out and ran down the alley until I couldn't go any further. I wouldn't even possibly consider sidestepping or jumping over it, so I grabbed a piece of wood and waited for it to get to me, then proceeded to smash the living shit out of it while screaming at the top of my lungs.

When it was dead I did the whole stupid lean-in-and-poke bit, and this fucking thing lunged at me. Thankfully the rear half of its body was smashed and stuck to the ground, so the head just hovered and wiggled helplessly, but it made me jump really fucking hard and I smashed the rest to bits. Truly oone of the scariest moments of my childhood.

Another time in second grade one of these things straight ran into the classroom and all hell broke lose. Kids screaming, teachers standing on desks, books flying, chairs toppling over. A janitor had to come in and kill it with a broomstick, cause nobody else would fuck with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: BUMP!!!!

when i was little i was playing on a haystack in the country and about five centipedes (THAT SIZE That mamms posted) started crawling around. they were light blue with bright red heads. then i saw a redback spider, a type that we have here that can kill you. i stopped playing on the haystack.

many times i have searched for info on what the centipedes could have been, but to no avail. they were probably an undiscovered species that i could have choosen a name for.

but here's the redback:

Red_Ba9.jpg