HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

xfrodobagginsx

HOW DO YOU GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Science is just the pursuit of knowledge.

When religious zealots pit asking honest questions against shutting up and having faith in some oogidy-boogidy

There's a problem with our culture.

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or grandchildren’s time—when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness."

-Sagan

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to have painted yourself into a corner there fella.

Let me help.

You find facts by implementing the scientific method.

You're having a hard time understanding what science is.

It is:

the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

That's it.

Deprogram yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Rejection spent in masochism has always attracted me. Don't doubt any kind of wonky folkloric stories about the farmy hills in old countries. I've been meaning to look into the dates and whys as to how the laws of government change in an absurdist manner, compared to how they are delivered once the wrong hands or right hands.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...