IN LOVING MEMORY OF KYLE MCLEOD, DFEAT ONER FYF

666legs

dear dear buds and friends and strangers who are honoring ky--

thank you so much for teaching me even more about my sweet big guy.

the last time he was home, he showed me the pictures and videos he'd taken of tags, explained as best he could to an old mother about the art and the artists. he showed me snaps of his Venice wall "Fuck A Permit" and "Fear Yr Flag." i loved those big tags.

i told him i loved that--even tho he always had an artistic vision, but struggled with the eye-hand thing--he was making his art about words. clever words, political words, true words. my big boy with a bigger heart: a story teller, a reader, a writer, a friend, a son.

we share this loss.

RIP, kydie.

love to you all,

cynthia

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While kyle and i lived together he taught me a lot about life. He would call me "bud" and joked around while saying that he adopted me as a brother. When I was having problems he would tell me advice about not allowing myself to label myself or others and that I am who I am.

He has come to me in dreams 3 times. In the best one I was at a party and everyone had gotten so drunk that they had passed out on the floor. I suddently heard YAGAYO-O-O! and when I turned around it was kyle. We both began chanting it and then all the homies came out of nowhere. I thought kyle was back until I woke up to remember.

Rest In Peace

so i just got back from a big reggae festival that kyle was very excited about attending. he came last year and he enjoyed it soo much, we had soo much fun it was ridiculous!!! it was really hard to go and he was in all of the friends and families thoughts...we poured out many drinks for him and did our best to honor him...i made a bunch of these shirts for me and all of my friends to wear...again it was a tough festival to enjoy but i know kyle would have wanted us to see all of these amazing artists...i got so much joy looking round and seeing 5 or 6 of my friends, who all knew kyle, sporting these shirts, and just knowing how much everyone cared for him, and how everyone who was lucky enough to meet him really did understand how great of a person he was...dfeat, we all know youre rocking with tenor saw, and jacob miller... enjoying that sweet

Reggae In Paradise...

s6000148lc8.jpg

Not a day passes that I dont think of you my friend. I live my life in honor of you and am devoted to keeping your memory alive. You will be missed by everyone who knew you and you will NEVER be forgotten. I want to live while I am here but I look forward to the day I cross over to your side and can be reunited with you. Until then Kyle, I pour out some some drink when I imbibe and I think of you when I puff and I shed a tear when I hear that sweet reggae music that you loved so much. Until then homie, until then...

I painted a DFEAT piece on canvas for his mom last night. Me and a couple of friends spent about 7 hours on that shit so far (acrylic). We probably have about 2 or 3 more to go. I will try to get a picture of it and post it later. The whole time we were painting it - smokin' and drinkin' - I wanted DFEAT to be there and paint it with us. His memorial is on Sunday in LA. I hope to see some of you assholes there.

See you in Brazil HOMIE.

FYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYFYF

• 2 weeks later...

hey friends and writers all --- i hope you are hanging in there. i am so loving looking at my beautiful DFEAT graffiti art on my wall that three of you did. it is above the couch. mir has a pic of it on her blog (mybrotherisdead.blogspot.com). scroll a bit down and you'll see it. it's so comforting. and also, nate, thanks for the painting. it is a treasure. i am doing okay tho of course many tears. some days its sunk in. some days i expect to hear he's coming down for the weekend. you can see my blog too if you like. i'd love comments (losingkyle.blogspot.com). i love you guys. thanks for loving my son. -- cynthia

to all of you, but especially thelast: we've got a tape of the speeches from the memorial here in MDR to show you, and the slide show which now has 180 pics in it-- and a book of letters from folks. and we've got ky's computer set up with all 9000-ish tunes which--if you bring some blank CD's for copying. - love, peace -- cynthia

damn fool.... seen you at a party in my dream the other night. thanks for coming down and letting the homie know that your lookin after us.... we miss u big guy. its so trippy to me that last time we painted together (the last piece you ever painted), you wrote "who will help me praise jahova?" strange how shit went down.... but now youre rockin it wit jahova holdin it down for us all. rest in paradie kyle mcleod...

oh yeah... the brazil thing. dude once explained to me that brazilian women are the hottest in the world because theyre a mix of african and latin.... i mean how could u go wrong with that combo?! good luck on mackin some brazilian hoes in heaven big bro.... haha-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

greetings to ky's homies and all

i am coming up north for thanksgiving. i am going to be on the SFSU campus on friday after thanksgiving. the campus won't be open, but senem, the young woman who is working with me to get Ky's scholarship going, is going to meet me and walk me around campus anyway.

at about 11:30, anyone who would like to get together with me, to share some stories, or whatever, i would love you to join me. we may just stand in the sun (or the rain) a bit and share some memories.

where: malcolm x plaza in front of student center

when: friday, november 23rd.

time: 11:30 a.m.

thank you all for your beautiful tags, your paintings, and your love

in celebration of his giant spirit

cynthia

• 3 weeks later...