FACT:AVRIL LAVIGNE IS BETTER THAN YOU AT GRAFFITI.

Sarah Tonin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt avril like married and shit? and shes still dressing/acting like a kid in junior high? that video was freaky for several reasons. what was up with that girls contacts? and avril should not dance in any of her videos. i think she was trying to pull a gwen stefani move.

but someone would make a grip of money if they made a can that painted graffiti for you while you jump around and wave your hands in front of a wall.

HOLY SHIT!

I am listening to NPR. She is being sued because of this song!

I LOVE NPR!!!!

It came on I was like WTF!?

Avril Lavigne says Hey! You! I didn't steal your song

1:15PM Monday July 09, 2007

avril2.jpg

Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne has come out swinging against allegations she plagiarised the work of others.

70s' songwriters Tommy Dunbar and James Gangwer of the band the Rubinoos have filed a federal law suit against the Canadian pop starlet, claiming her current hit Girlfriend is a rip-off of their 1979 track I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend.

Likewise, fellow Canadian songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk recently told Performing Songwriting she gave Lavigne the song Contagious which features on Lavigne's latest album The Best Damn Thing.

But the 22-year-old punk popster is adamant she didn't copy anyone and posted an open letter on her MySpace profile refuting the claims.

In regards to the Rubinoos law suit, she writes: "I had never heard this song in my life and their claim is based on 5 words.

"All songs share similar lyrics and emotions. As humans we speak one language."

She also wrote: "I was going to be the bigger person and not reply when I read Chantal Kreviazuk's article... Our songs have no similarities and opposite meanings, i.e. different lyrics, different melody, different genres.

"There are hundreds of songs out there with the title 'Contagious, 75+ on iTunes alone."

While Lavigne may be convinced the songs are entirely different, there are some obvious similarities.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10450488

the band thats suing her myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/rubinoos