Cover songs

Mauler5150

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i never heard the bob dylan version of "all along the watchtower." but i can't imagine it being better than the hendrix version.

that song is the vietnam war vet anthem.

i think a canadian band did "california dreamin"

and another canadian band did "american woman..." btw, how do you think it compares to the lenny kravitz version?

Hendrix- Hey Joe

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Little Wing

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Voodoo Chile

Snoop Doggy Dog- Paid in Full

Toadies- Beauty School Dropout

ZZ TOP- actually i can't think of any covers by them, they just rock out.

CCR- Heard it Through the Grapevine

Marylin Manson- Tainted Love

Jose Gonzalez- Heartbeats

thats all i can think of right now.

Hendrix- Hey Joe

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Little Wing

Stevie Ray Vaughan- Voodoo Chile

Snoop Doggy Dog- Paid in Full

Toadies- Beauty School Dropout

ZZ TOP- actually i can't think of any covers by them, they just rock out.

CCR- Heard it Through the Grapevine

Marylin Manson- Tainted Love

Jose Gonzalez- Heartbeats

thats all i can think of right now.

I heard a cool ZZ top cover by Shawn lane on Youtube, that cat can rip it on guitar.

The SRV covers of Hendrix are fully sick, I have to agree, as is Hendrix's cover of Hey Joe. I heard the original only a couple of weeks ago and it sounded crap.

strangely. anyone remember that song "wicked game" kinda lame 80s' video with helena christensen scamppering aorund half nekkid. anyways, i recently heard a remake of that song by this band, don't know the name of 'em, but they have a female lead singer. i heard a rumor they're using that remake by them as the new theme song for "Nip/Tuck"s new season ??? any help anyone?

If it was Helena Christensen, it was probably and INXS song as she was fuckign the singer way back then.

Does anyone like the Alien Ant Farm version of Smooth Criminal? I like it (even though the original is one of my favorite pop songs) but I didn't know that anyone knew of this song till the cover blew up. I remember watchign that part of Moonwalker too many damn times as a kid...

no, it was a solo singer. INXS didn't write the song, in wich she was in the video.

the name of the song was "wicked game" i believe, she pranced around with the solo singer ont he beach half naked makin out basically "and i---i- want to fall in love...with you" or something along those lines. c'mon mauler, i know you know everyone, secretly or openly loves 'smooth criminal'

not liking the original is like saying

"nah, i'd rather just be her friend, instead of pee'in in her butt."

Ahh I forgot the covers (they are more like tributes) that Michael Angelo Batio did on Hands without Shadows.

And Randy Rhoads did some sick Sabbath covers (even though having Ozzy sing them doesn't really make them a cover, or does it?) when he was alive. His Children of the gave is so damn sick, as is his version of Paranoid and Iron Man (which I think is a little short). Check those out too.