Joe Rogan on DMT

vanfullofretards

after reading extensively about this sort of thing for years, i'd say it's probably best to go through the whole spiritual experience thing through the use of drums like the shamans, or through meditative technique. casek is on point: people fuck with things like shrooms and have no idea what they're doing, and than come crying back later when they had a bad trip. western society doesn't handle these things responsibly enough.

i also disagree with rogan that taking DMT is the best way to experience what he is. dependence on drugs for that experience/revelation pales in comparison to the buddhist monks that can do it sitting in a corner for a couple hours.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i surprise myself, sometimes.

why do i surprise you?

idk...i just never pictured you as a bad-ass experimental type lol....

i kinda agree with rubbish heap...comming back from a community service trip in Central Asia, our bus broke down and we spent the night at a sufi mosque. Those guys are on some next level shit......i truly do believe meditation is the only way one can reach that enlightened state....but i am still curious about "drugs" as our bodies are all made up of chemicals...im actually not sure where im going with this but it has something to do with how chemicals react and shit...so yea....

the part i didn't agree with joe rogan about was when how he said dmt will give you a glimpse into what the truth about life is, and then someone asked him what the truth of life is, and i thought he was going to get into something deep but his answer was "we're bacteria." i don't think you need to take dmt to make such an analogy. so his profound revelation that emanated from his experiment with dmt is that we're bacteria parasitically leeching off the planet. wow. i think i saw that concept made in some movie; "war of the worlds" i think...

oh yeah, i recall a website a while back showing pictures drawn by people who had salvia trips -- they weren't drawn while they were tripping, but were rather depictions/representations of what they experienced while tripping... i think those sites were interesting... can't find these sites anymore... do you know of any? it's a good way to get an idea of the trip without actually experimenting with the substance yourself.

i'd like to see an art conception of a datura trip

good idea for a channel zero thread.

I'm reading the Rick Strassman book on DMT now. A lot of the things Joe Rogan says haven't been proven, just hypothesized. Nobody has actually proven that DMT is manufactured in the pineal gland, or anywhere else in the body, and I don't think the book says anything about DMT being released while you sleep. But it also points out that hallucinogen research is barely going on at all anymore, because it can be such a bureaucratic pain in the ass to get Schedule 1 drugs legally. Anyway it's pretty interesting, although for science it's lacking a lot of concrete evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe Roagan is a pretend hipster who namedrops psychedelics to the square to score excitement points, Everything he said was carbon copied from the now deceased moron Terrence Mckenna, I`m so sick of people who can`t handle their trip zzz boring

^don't be a little hater. i'd party with rogan for sure. i'm not really a fan of rogan's standup, even though he has skills, but the dude is very interesting to listen to when he gets ranting on something.

perty much my thoughts. id party with the dude. bring them fear factor bitches around. plus id like to see him drunk and get into a fight.

Joe Roagan is a pretend hipster who namedrops psychedelics to the square to score excitement points, Everything he said was carbon copied from the now deceased moron Terrence Mckenna, I`m so sick of people who can`t handle their trip zzz boring

terrence mckenna was a moron? news to me. mckenna was a bright light in the study of entheogens.

sometimes people mock things they can't understand

i.e.: spirituality, art, ideas, etc.

i wonder if that's the case with you?

i guess. ive never done any psychedelic drugs so maybe i just dont get it.

that makes sense.

personally, i enjoy exploring the possibilities of the brain.

haven't used any substances in awhile, but i've been experimenting

with binaurals for some time.

my main goal is to work myself up to the ability to change to a theta state

without using anything.

on a sidenote: alpha state feels superb. i felt like my body was humming all

of the time. felt like walking i was walking on air and my perception of the world

seemed to be enhanced in some way.

the brain is neat.