GUTS, the real thing?

i just heard this on the news, it reminded me of that chuck palawhatever's story Guts.

6-year-old Edina girl severely injured in pool

The suction of a drain in the pool at a St. Louis Park club pulled out part of the child's intestinal tract.

What was supposed to be a pleasant summer day at the swimming pool turned into a horrific experience Friday for a 6-year-old Edina girl.

Abigail Taylor was severely injured by the strong suction of a pool drain in a wading pool at the Minneapolis Golf Club. On Tuesday, she remained hospitalized in serious condition at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis.

A portion of Abigail's intestinal tract was pulled out of her body and could not be repaired, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

A woman who answered the telephone at the Taylor home on Tuesday night said the family would have no further comment.

The St. Louis Park Fire Department responded to the incident, but no additional information was available.

The Taylors are members of Minneapolis Golf Club, which is located in St. Louis Park. The club has sent out e-mail updates to members about the incident, and the main pool has been reopened.

Minneapolis Golf Club manager Ray Clemas did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Abigail's injury is by no means unique. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, pool entrapment happens when part of a person's body is held against the drain by the suction of the circulation pump. Entrapment can occur when a drain cover is loose or broken, which increases the suction level.

Older pools present a greater hazard because most newer pools have multiple drains so less suction is created when an opening is blocked.

In a 2005 report, the commission reported 74 cases of body entrapment -- 13 of which resulted in death -- since 1990. Most of the deaths occurred when a child's hair became entangled in drain grates, resulting in drowning.

The commission found two cases of young children suffering evisceration/disemboweling in wading pools between 1990 and 2004. Both survived.

"If the grate or cover is unfastened, broken or missing, the potential for incident exists," the report said. "When the child's buttocks cover the drain opening, the resulting suction force can eviscerate the child through the ruptured rectum. A small change in pressure is sufficient to cause such injury extremely quickly."

In 2005, a 3-year-old boy from Orange County, Calif., was sucked up against a hot-tub drain and disemboweled. He survived.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I heard about this shit a few days ago. I don't understand how the fuck a BABY POOL could suck a kids guts out???

This girls familly will win such a large amount of money from sueing somebody. but this girl is going to have to spend the rest of her life attatched to an IV!!!

If I was her dad I'd go on a fucking killing spree disesemboweling every person responsible for this shit till the cops took me out in a hale of bullets.

Real talk.