Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boogie hands

so, i finally watched "la haine" (hate) after years of wanting to see it....

...and it lived up to the hype. it was an amazing move but i think my favorite part was the fact that i was relatively, emotionally unmoved (im not articulating that well but hopefully you get the point) until the last 60 seconds of a movie at which point i felt like the subtle build of the film just released itself all at once and i was left sitting there staring at the credits in silence wondering how my feelings towards the characters and their situation escalated so quickly. it was intense.

la%20Haine.jpg

i liked it so much im buying the criterion dvd. how awesome is criterion anyway? their dvd reissues are phenomenal.

Yeah, this is definitely in my top ten. I just saw that they finally released it on DVD, and I'm wondering if the translation of the subtitles is the same as the old VHS I've always seen. (The City of Lost Children, for example, had much funnier subtitles on VHS than on the eventual DVD release.)

But yeah, definitely an amazing movie and a really amazing ending. I know exactly what you mean.

yeah, that movie is amazing, worth buying for sure...

i like the non-sequitur moments of allegory (the guy in the bathroom talking about the guy trying to take a shit, the cow, etc.) that add to the storyline.

oh yeah worth taking note, the skinhead is played by the director.

emotionally unmoved (im not articulating that well but hopefully you get the point) until the last 60 seconds of a movie at which point i felt like the subtle build of the film just released itself all at once and i was left sitting there staring at the credits in silence wondering how my feelings towards the characters and their situation escalated so quickly. it was intense.

You described it perfectly.

You feel satisfied at the end which is amazing given that most of it kind of slow and seemingly aimless. It isnt a formula that is supposed to work but it does brilliantly with this film.

I remember the second time I watched it.....I couldnt remember anything about it except that I really enjoyed it the first time. I sat through it...with very high expectations...mildly entertained, trying to remember why I loved it so much the first time. Then the end came with a crash and I was (again) fucking floored.

Watched it recently too, and I have to agree, it's fucking great. Killer way to end it too, it's true how it escalates all of a sudden.

one of my favourites. i've seen it at least 5 times, and i think it's even nearing the top of my netflix queue as well. rental hasn't seen it yet, but i'm sure she will throroughly enjoy as i did

oh, and we re-watched garden state last night for the 8 millionth time. i seriously love the crap outta that movie. i should just buy the fuckin thing

just read the synopsis it kinda seems like it has the same feeling as trainspotting. I think ill go rent it.

just read the synopsis it kinda seems like it has the same feeling as trainspotting. I think ill go rent it.

nothing like trainspotting

oh, and we re-watched garden state last night for the 8 millionth time. i seriously love the crap outta that movie. i should just buy the fuckin thing

BOPSET

BOPSET

BOPSET

is that good, bad or irrelevant?

just means that it is nothing like trainspotting. you will enjoy it nonetheless

good movie....

vincent cassel kicks fucking arse.

disagree?

go shoot yourself you hollywood fuck.

still haven't seen this thing it's not in the video stores

it might only be on VHS at the video shop, look in the foreign or arthouse section... in australia it was released under the title "hate".

an all time great. just watched it a week ago, but this thread makes me want to slip that greasy dvd into my hot slot. n'i mean? jusq'ici, tout va bien... jusq'ici, tout va bien

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now