Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iloveboxcars

some of you might recall the friend with MS i talked about awhile ago.

well. i feel like she has just stopped caring and is slowly killing herself by pretty much just sitting around doing shit all day. you know, sort of like when people get old and start just watching tv and then they cant really move as good any more. i feel like thats happening to her. ive mentioned it to her a couple times. ive suggesting making artsy packages and sending them out to people or sewing or painting (doctors orders to stay out of heat) and she agrees but she never actually does it. she just recently got a boyfriend and i thought that he would be a good help for her, but it turns out all he suggests is for her to go to sleep more, which is stupid. anyone have any suggestions on how to get her out of this funk of nothingness? please?

Its could be depression. but if that isnt it and shes just being a straight up potato you need to tell her to get her lazy ass up and experiance the world, you know, "get the fuck out there you peice of shit." sounds mean and assholish, hopefully she sees in between the lines and knows your really concerned.

maybe offer to do things with her, instead of just telling her what she could be doing.

well i used to go over there almost daily to try to get her to do shit.

after awhile i realized she cant be reliant on someone else to get her to do stuff. she needs to do stuff by herself. i dont know how to motivate her though.

if its depression sometimes you can't do anything but wait for them to break it themselves. sometimes you have to force it on them. too bad she was told to stay out of the sun, because just getting out of the house and the city is always a good way to break out of a funk.

it sounds like you've been trying and thats more than alot of people will do. good on ya.

Hydrogen Peroxide is right... it sounds like depression, which isn't too surprising if she recently got diagnosed with MS. That's a tough situation, though.

seriously.

i'm going to assume the chick is pretty young, which makes the situation even more depressing then it is.

personally i'd try to make her forget about her situation, anyway possible. kinda hard when you don't know her personally ya know? probably watch some movies or something, maybe take her to see a concert, something to take her mind off the situation.

oh, and she also cant drink too much anymore either. she likes beer but she cant drink it because during the tests for the MS they also found out she is allergic to gluten. she doesnt like mixed drinks. poor girl.

MAN I FEEL FOR YOUR FRIEND..MY MOM HAS HAD MS

FOR LIKE 5 YRS....JUST BE THERE FOR HER...OFFER TO

GO PLACES WITH HER.(DINNERS, MOVIES, ETC)...

JUST TRY TO KEEP HER POSITIVE...YOU AND I WILL

NEVER REALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON IN THEIR HEADS..

-GOOD LUCK.

Get a Color Splash camera and dare her

to go out at night and take themed flicks.

Make it interesting like, getting great angles

of things, or find structures that look like other

different shapes or letters. Get the craziest photos

of people at night in crowded public areas that may

have people willing to have their pictures taken.

I suggested the color splash camera for two reasons.

It just works better at night, or in low light, which is

perfect activity that you can only do out of the sun light.

The other reason is that it's not a digital camera. It's

35mm film, so there is no instant gratification. It takes

time, and it really does pay off in the end. Keeps you

busy and entertained.

I do not envy your situation at all, and I think it's awesome

that you can care about someone who sounds like they could

use some caring people. Best of luck, and respect for being

a caring friend in a world of self serving, instant gratification.

Whats her situation. I know sometimes people can live a long time with MS. Point that out to her. You could also sign her up for like a painting class, something to get her out of the house and doing something at least.

serious, give her some meth, she'll be like, damn this getting things done shit isn't so bad, and hopefully won't turn into a meth addict

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now