VERy new to this, need some advice

A__M

I'm totally new to graffiti, and really admire a lot of the work I've checked out on this forum. I tried to do some of my own graffiti and have never read up on or seen any styles, so any pointers on how to improve my writing would be greatly appreciated.

DSC00884.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Next comes the obligatory "You guys are assholes! I just wanted to know how to improve" retort.

Hey... if only we had a thread stickied that said something to the effect of:

"I'm all for new, good threads, but there's been a recent rash of crap showing up in PAPER CHASE. If you don't want your thread closed with a quickness, ask yourself these questions first:

Is my thread topic already covered? - don't create a new thread when there are long-established threads on the same topic. For example, a thread requesting help when you're new to graffiti is unnecessary, as there's already a thread called "toys post here." Got a new sketch to share? Post it in "the NEW sketch thread." Etc.

Am I going to include pictures in the thread? - don't post a new thread in PAPER CHASE unless it has pictures. Furthermore, don't try to figure out how to post pictures by starting a new thread. Instead, post a comment in a pre-existing thread to see if you've got it down. Not sure how to post pictures? Learn here.

Is this thread about graffiti/art on paper? - note the name of this forum is PAPER CHASE. If it's not on paper [or some other similar media], post it elsewhere.

Have I read the 12oz rules? - do it."

We really need to get something like that and make it obvious.

• 2 weeks later...