I just saw the Transformers movie and it was...

Bojangles

I hate them on principle. I hate sneaky/shady presentations, because while I'm completely aware of them, many are not. Creative marketing is fine with me, like on the internet. Likewise, the mountain dew robot was sort of alright with me. But the Nokia shit was literally a spot (commercial) I spent $10 to see. They modeled the phone, made it a character in the movie, and talked about it by name.

If the movie companies would stop making shitty movies they would be able to afford making good movies without obvious ads in the middle of them.

It's a rather dumb reason/excuse for me to get riled up though, but the way I see it is that it takes a lot of money to produce a movie--especially a blockbuster. So having third parties come in and pay to have their products mentioned would definitely lower the bill ever so lightly. Not only that, some people would prefer seeing actual products being used in the movie than imaginary products just so it can connect them to the movie a little more, believe it or not. Yes, that is basically advertising, but it doesn't bother me.

So if writers sneak into the set and do gigantic rollers to "advertise" themselves, shouldn't it be in the same category?

I definitely agree that the companies need to stop making terrible movies, but if the masses enjoys them, who cares, right? Haha Well, I'm not trying to argue with anyone--I just got fed up with the flaming of advertisements and basically threw more fuel to the fire.

Moogle: :lol:

I guess I never posted in this thread, but I watched Transformers twice along with Die Hard all in one day.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to see this on the monday before it was put out at a special preview. Me, two girls, and 27 other transformer geeks aged 23-30. Let me just say it was fucking sweet. The dork in me wanted to pick the movie to pieces but since I have been waiting for this for 25 years, I just sat back and enjoyed it for what it was. Im excited and hope they do sequels, but do not fuck it up like pirates...

I haven't seen any of the Pirates movies (something tells me I haven't missed much) but how can they fuck it up? I mean it is Transformers!!! Giant robots that kick ass!!

The same way Spider-Man 3 messed up: too many side-plots/twists to follow. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed the third Pirates and Spider-Man movies, but lets face it, there was too much shit going on for anyone to follow.

I really enjoyed the movie, but there were some things that I didnt like about it.

The Nokia Scene=Unecessary cheese. Its just stupid.

The Prime-Megatron fight left a lot more to be desired.

Megan Fox, Josh Duhamawhatever (horrible), and Tyrese could have easily been replaced.

The Decepticons were much more memorable than the Autobots. Blackout (Pave Low= Soooo hardbody) and Barricade's scenes especially. Then Starscream just...ya know....tearin shit up when he felt like it-cuz he really didnt give a fuck. They really made up for a lot of the dumb shit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I liked Die Hard better.

I thought they were basically the same type of flick.

Those haxorz in Die Hard were basically doing what Frenzy was running around trying to accomplish..

The Information

As far as the action goes.. Transformers. It's so tough to decide between a 50 year old poster guy action hero doing the same kind of shit he's always known to do or fresh ass giant robots knuckle up & toss any fools in they way.

$12.50!! damn!! hahaha...the price for tickets barely hit $10.25 over here...i can see them eventually hitting that price though. this movie is well worth the price of admission and should be seen on the big screen anyway. there was product placement everywhere in this movie, and even nods to previous movies the producers have made (E.T., Armageddon)...but i wasnt looking for that in this movie. i was looking for a super sick action packed summer blockbuster about transforming robots from another planet...and i that's what i got.
i saw it on opening day here in windsor ontario Canada which was a tuesday and it was half price for 4.50$! i loved it! i cant want till part 2 comes out. it was one of the best movies i've seen all year besides 300.

Was Barricade the cop car?

I thought that Blackout was better than the cop car.

I read on imdb yesterday that Megan Fox says she is one of the 5 people she knows not on drugs, and she thinks pot should be legalized. She gets the thumbs up in my book, even though I preferred the Aussie skank in tis movie, hahaah

I thought it was really boring, the plot just dragged. I liked the CG and all the action, etc. but damn what a horrible display of acting!

I am also one of those folks that would say boo on GMC and that pointless Nokia add. If this is the future of action movies (extended commercials spewing meaningless drivel) then count me out.