Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bojangles

I just saw the Transformers movie and it was...

...pretty good, not prefect but pretty close in my eyes. About a 7.5 out of 10. I am a bit of a hardcore fan though. If you're not like me you're gonna love it! Prepare for a lot of subliminal advertising though, that's all I'm gonna say. Excellent action scenes and great animations make up for small plot errors. Definitely go see it.

You know I will. I'm considering bailing out of work early tomorrow so I can catch it with a rowdy opening day crowd.

is ravage in it at least?

or thunderclap even?

No and Thunder"cracker" isn't either.

I will say this...probably the best action scenes I've ever seen in my life despite the overall movie. Again, I'm a cynical bastard for details about TF's so take my 7.5 as a very high mark.

This movie kicked some major ass. I just got back from seeing it myself. Aside from the cheesy side plot with Shiloh Laqueef and the hot chick, this movie had everything I could have expected and more. They dumbed it down a bit as Bojangles is saying, but there was more action than I knew what to do with. There was definitely a lot of subliminal advertising, from GM concept/new to market cars, to GPX stereos and Mountain Dew. I must say though, I haven't been this pleased with a movie since 300, action wise, and I liked it WAY better than 300. I'd give it the whole 10 outta 10, though I am not a super hardcore fan, and I went in with absolutely zero expectations. I did like that Optimus Prime's voice was the original from the cartoon and apparently that same guy used to voice Eyore from Winnie the Pooh.

one thing i never got was how starscream was brothers with thunder cracker(clap) and skywarp...

did anybody ever explain this?

it got a 60% on rottentomatoes.com

that site is usually bang on with its reviews

BUT

i will see the movie regardless just because its transformers

and they are more than meets the eye

someone told me that it was already out yesterday so i went to the movies. but it wasnt.

i watched ratatouille instead. it was pretty good. people not only clapped at the end but during the movie as well.

I just got back from seeing it.

9/10

They could've shaved off 10-15 minutes and I thought the lack of hysteria from the background crowd in the final fight scene was amusing. People shopping obliviously at outdoor markets with mass destruction going on bugged me.

I liked the smooth transistions when they transformed, it was cool.

I just started d/ling it, so I'll be watching it again later. That 9/10 might change to a 10/10once I'm able to pause it and take a piss half way thru.

i hear starscreams voice isnt screechy

its just not star scream if he doesnt sound like a pre pubescent boy screaming maniacally

How can you not have seen it yet tango?

I can barely remember what Starscream sounds like from the one time he does speak. but you will probably be disappointed.

The worst was Jazz, who talks like a rapper.

i am gonna see it, but i am a tad skeptical.

i heard that GM was a major sponsor, so many of the transformers are recognisable GM brands/makes.

He did, but he sounded just way too cliche in this.

You have to watch this at a cinema to appreciate it.

I should have made this thread too, 5 days ago.

Of course, if I was really trying to pay attention to those closeup shots I would have noticed that too.

Who gives a fuck about the subliminal advertising? Seriously?

Like whoa, the copcar was a Ford!!

Big deal!!!

i loke to go to movies when ll the hype has dieid down and fewer people are there

so i can make out and giggle

and shit

but i will definitely go see it

then curse wasting 20 dollars

i loke to go to movies when ll the hype has dieid down and fewer people are there

so i can make out and giggle

and shit

but i will definitely go see it

then curse wasting 20 dollars

20?? shit that'll buy you one large coke and then you'll need another 11 for the ticket.

I caught it the other day with some mates, the best sfx ive ever seen, one of my favourite movies. it came to aus around the same time as amercia which is a first. Its weird though, you'll notice at the start that jazz and optimus are similar size, and optimus and megatron are also equal size, but when jazz fights megatron he looks like a fucking midget.

It actually came out in Oz 5 days before the US got it.

But maybe you should check as to whether your collection is worth more bread since this movie came out Bojangles.

And I only paid $12.50 to watch this, thank God for being a student.

I would wait til it hits dvd, that is when the demand will peak, or if you were game, hold off until the sequel.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now