CALIFORNIA

DA KID MERO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ginger Bread Man

its wild out in LA for sure. but out of experience Chicago is straight set repping. ever couple of blocks theres another set. dudes be wildin out. i remember a couple years back Gangster Boogie (mixtape) had a voice mailbox for all the gangs who would leave messages repping sets. crazy shit. colors will straight get you executed if you are in the wrong hood for sure.

one misconception from east coasters is that all of california is the same. like they think hyphy is "california" and bloodin/crippin gangbang culture is "california". but it's more like bay area culture and l.a. culture. nobody does that hyphy shit in l.a., and there isn't blood/crip gang-territorial culture in san fran.

any californian will say norcal and socal are two different regions. like Fuckmuni said, northern cali and southern cali are two different worlds -- whether between latino gangs or black gangs, the slang is different, the climate is different, etc...

the gang climate in l.a. that you see in the video is unique to l.a... i never saw the same degree of gang culture in the bay area or san diego... there really isn't such a big problem regarding hoods and sets and all that shit. in l.a. it's pretty territorial and ingrained. a lot of writers have to watch their backs hitting up hoods in l.a. because most gangs don't like writers hitting up in their hood. i know new york doesn't have that issue; writers can really hit up anywhere without dealing with hood sets

yea alot of nortes like to believe the bay area is the hardest but the craziest norte cities are central cali...starting from san jose all the way down. cinco de mayo in san jose is like a nortenos parade.... up here scraps wear clothes from Ross and cheap puff jackets, exactly like porcelein said...lugz, la hats, cheap ass hoodies and north carolina jerseys...down in the south its mostly the all blue dodger fits, khakis..tattoos on the scalp and black sunglasses...when i was in rosaritos it was like a scrap free for all down there...there was scraps everywhere and they were all fucking each other up, SD vs LA vs San Fernando....it was nice watching them all kill eachother though

born and raised in central california...cows, drugs,farms, and nortenos. tis no joke..

up here in the bay.....surenos are mostly immigrants from mexican, el salvi, and come into SF and Oakland for the cheap housing and drug trade/construction jobs. they fight with nortes and with local black gangs, because many scraps are setting up shop in black neighborhoods especially in oakland...

In Socal...from what i have seen down there and talking to some people..almost everyone is Surenos southside but there alot of factions and they mostly just fight with eachother. i saw a gang fight between San Diego area scraps and Los Angeles scraps. you got so many different cities down there each one has its own x3 faction...there are no nortenos in southern cali so scraps just fight between themselves...

nortenos are mostly northern california locals, born and bred in northern cali and assimilated into gangs by older ones...you see one older norte surrounded by 4 or 5 young buck 15 year olds with shanks...of course theres exceptions but this seems to be the standard

as for black gangs, its definately more about hood and block....some sets rock red and blue but they are not strict crips or bloods, even down in LA crips and bloods be fuckin with eachother in the rap game and whatnot...theres alot of self proclaimed "crips" in northern cali in the rap game, ap9 tnutty hollow tip most from as far north as sacramento....the only bloods ive ever seen in the bay was in frisco when niggas were rockin the red tip dreads but that was more a block trip

you can generalize about gangs because theres so many exceptions...nortes shoot nortes..scraps shoot scraps...nothing is set in steel. blocks go to war all the time and theres always new kids taking up shop..theres so many new gangs in SF nowadays especially in the fillmore....Eddy block alone is split up into like 3 different groups...it used to be the KOP but all these young kids are crazy

yeah, there are sureno sets up in northern cali... that shit is crazy... because there are no norteno sets in southern cali.

now, there are "nortenos" in southern cali, but not as sets, only as individuals... and they have to keep it on the downlow. i knew a dude from fresno living in l.a. always repping Fresno 14. but he wore l.a. hats too. crazy

for the most part nortes see no reason in going down south...surenos constantly head into the bay because of cheap housing projects in neighborhoods like east oakland and the tenderloin...most scraps who come to the bay arent even from LA, they are straight from the border or some city like greensville or some shit

and there isn't blood/crip gang-territorial culture in san fran.

theres no blood/crip stuff in san fran...but theres definately territory disputes. there have been a shitload of block wars that have claimed lots of lives...mostly between blacks in the southeast part of the city. the other dispute is in the mission district of san francisco...surenos occupy 16th street to around 21st and the nortes start at 24th all the way up into the excelsior...its died down recently but back in the day shit was the wild wild west ive known alot of kids both gangbangers and innocents that have been shot up in the mission...

yeah exactlty cause LA has cheap housing too.. its just that the wetbacks come look for work here and they claim sur cause their family does...and this happens cause there is already enough paisitas in LA so its packed so they move more north

there is a huuuuge ass demand for labor in norcal...i see scraps working at construction and painting jobs all over the city. when my parents got the house painted the contractor showed up with a truckload of surenos...when i worked manual labor downtown my coworkers were surenos from el salvador. i have both good/bad experiance with scraps, leaning on the bad side because in general they are outta town punks who are fuckin cheap... i have gotten into fights with surenos who were still wearing their painting gear...ive been surrounded 20 on 2 once on mission street luckily i got out of that one!!

yo a question to any southern cali heads....when cats wear SF giants gear down there are they repping San Fernando? that always bugged me out..seeing a group of ese's with both LA and SF hats.

i fucked a chick whos dad was an OG member of sur13 in echo park...that was a trip