Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xlando

16-year-old doesnt remember

now 18

"At 16, the Tennessee honor student and star athlete was hit from behind while playing in a routine soccer game. She fell to the ground, her head striking the hard turf. The blow knocked out just about all of Kiger's memories. "

she couldn't remember her parents who they were & who she was.

"With no physical trauma or swelling in her brain, doctors were positive Kiger's memory would return in a few days.

But it did not. And 2½ years later, it still hasn't. Kiger -- who has no memory of her family, her childhood or her life before her injury -- has had to create new memories, rekindle relationships and relearn old skills.

"The only thing I had … I could walk, write, but I didn't know what to write," Kiger said of the days after the accident. "Physically, I was OK, I guess, but mentally was a struggle."

your memories wiped away by a soccer ball & having to start all over again.

crazy. :huh:

that sucks, i wonder if the person that hit her from behind was ejected.

it must suck trying to become her friend again and having her deny you haha.

damn thats fucked up...i wonder if she'll ever remember..if she does is she gonna have memories of the stuff she did while she didnt have her old memories?...sorry if that sounds confusing

just imagine some guy that fucked up getting with her? and now he has another chance..and they get together and when they are fucking she remembers everything... that would be some shit

hey i dont know nothing about her life,but probally was on its way to become a whore,God does what he wants,no need to feel sorry,the girl is ok.

yeah shes okay but she probably tripping every day trying to remember whats up and shit like that.. i know i would..

sad. i thought that shit only happened on tv. i know losing memory happens with getting knocked out, but that's only temporary and the only thing permanent is usually just the short segmented time period before the knockout and the unconsciousness itself of course.

Ok, first, Juan Fuentes, iono if you were jokin, but thats rediculous.

Secondly, I find this pretty interesting. I would venture to guess it is not so much that her memories are gone (for I am of the school of that that believes our memories themselves are actually the structure of the neural networks in our brain. Particularly in that to activate a memory is to activate a particular pathway.) I would think, in that case, that it is not the memories that are gone, but the particular mode in which we encode information. If to draw back a memory, a stimulus is encoded and then goes through a similar pathways as all thins which are associated with such stimuli, then I wonder if she just sort of reset her Hippocampus and fucked up the relationship between short term memory and construction of long term memory. Sort of like what happens to hardcore alcoholics, but in a different sense.

Also, I doubt that we have the ability to see all trauma. Surely something happened. There was an event, and something changed. That means something had to change in the physical structure of her brain, but the means in which we detect such changes must not be sensitive enough to capture what changed in this case.

This is a good example of the relationship between adequate theories and predictability and the technologies which drive such theories. Because we can not see what changed in her brain, we can not develope a causal theory as to what happened.

Not to get all Philosophy of Science in this.

thank you for that very thorough analysis

but i wonder..

that soccer game..

did they win ?

does she act the same as she did before?

has she dramatically changed ?

curiousity sucks

now that i read it over it does sound pretty damn

sarcastic.

but really intrigueing.

even though i might have not understand a good half of it.

hey i dont know nothing about her life,but probally was on its way to become a whore,God does what he wants,no need to feel sorry,the girl is ok.

wow, rofl, you're a funny dude.

too bad, someone doesn't knock you're ass to the turf, and make you forget about these forums.

anyway, sucks for real, to have a soccer game completely wipe you're mind of all of you're memories that would suck, passwords to shit, combinations to locks, not to mention you're child hood and friends wow man that really blows.

lots ? hah

she lost her memory doing what she LOVED.

haha, pretty ironic.

at one of my friends soccer games, one of his teammates testicles got twisted. thats pretty crazy too.

just imagine some guy that fucked up getting with her? and now he has another chance..and they get together and when they are fucking she remembers everything... that would be some shit

haha

what if.. she was in love... and she didnt remember it.. and the guy told her.. and she didnt believe it... and it killed him inside... and he cried in front of her... damn that would suck... I feel so bad.. all i can say is I hope it comes back, or they do like 50 first dates and make a tape

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now