16-year-old doesnt remember

xlando

now 18

"At 16, the Tennessee honor student and star athlete was hit from behind while playing in a routine soccer game. She fell to the ground, her head striking the hard turf. The blow knocked out just about all of Kiger's memories. "

she couldn't remember her parents who they were & who she was.

"With no physical trauma or swelling in her brain, doctors were positive Kiger's memory would return in a few days.

But it did not. And 2½ years later, it still hasn't. Kiger -- who has no memory of her family, her childhood or her life before her injury -- has had to create new memories, rekindle relationships and relearn old skills.

"The only thing I had … I could walk, write, but I didn't know what to write," Kiger said of the days after the accident. "Physically, I was OK, I guess, but mentally was a struggle."

your memories wiped away by a soccer ball & having to start all over again.

crazy. :huh:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok, first, Juan Fuentes, iono if you were jokin, but thats rediculous.

Secondly, I find this pretty interesting. I would venture to guess it is not so much that her memories are gone (for I am of the school of that that believes our memories themselves are actually the structure of the neural networks in our brain. Particularly in that to activate a memory is to activate a particular pathway.) I would think, in that case, that it is not the memories that are gone, but the particular mode in which we encode information. If to draw back a memory, a stimulus is encoded and then goes through a similar pathways as all thins which are associated with such stimuli, then I wonder if she just sort of reset her Hippocampus and fucked up the relationship between short term memory and construction of long term memory. Sort of like what happens to hardcore alcoholics, but in a different sense.

Also, I doubt that we have the ability to see all trauma. Surely something happened. There was an event, and something changed. That means something had to change in the physical structure of her brain, but the means in which we detect such changes must not be sensitive enough to capture what changed in this case.

This is a good example of the relationship between adequate theories and predictability and the technologies which drive such theories. Because we can not see what changed in her brain, we can not develope a causal theory as to what happened.

Not to get all Philosophy of Science in this.

hey i dont know nothing about her life,but probally was on its way to become a whore,God does what he wants,no need to feel sorry,the girl is ok.

wow, rofl, you're a funny dude.

too bad, someone doesn't knock you're ass to the turf, and make you forget about these forums.

anyway, sucks for real, to have a soccer game completely wipe you're mind of all of you're memories that would suck, passwords to shit, combinations to locks, not to mention you're child hood and friends wow man that really blows.

what if.. she was in love... and she didnt remember it.. and the guy told her.. and she didnt believe it... and it killed him inside... and he cried in front of her... damn that would suck... I feel so bad.. all i can say is I hope it comes back, or they do like 50 first dates and make a tape

A guy i went to primary school and now work with had this happen to him while snowboarding when he was 14.

He has absolutely no memory of anything before he woke up in the hospital still after 6 years.

The first time i saw him since the incident he said hi because he had been told that he went to school with me and i didn't know about his condition so i started asking him about mutual friends and he had absolutely no idea who i was talking about and he told me aobut what happened.

He's a really cool guy, he's completely normal apart from having no memory of his childhood. He told me he doesn't like his family and feels no particular affection for his parents, which is really interesting because all the instinctive love and attachment that would have resulted from his parents nurturing him as a child has gone.

He could make an absolute killing getting experimented no by psychologists i rekshn

also interesting to note that he didn't remember any of his friends when he went back to high school and he didn;t form the same bonds with people that he had previous to the incident

He told me he doesn't like his family and feels no particular affection for his parents, which is really interesting because all the instinctive love and attachment that would have resulted from his parents nurturing him as a child has gone.

also interesting to note that he didn't remember any of his friends when he went back to high school and he didn;t form the same bonds with people that he had previous to the incident

ya, i didn't really get into it, but thats what i ment when i posted what i did.

i kinda thought most of that would happen, imagine basically being told you're history to yourself, and you had to basically digest it for what it was, god talk about an identity crisis.