Movie Cliches, or "We're Taking Over the Investigation"

SpyD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic Romantic Comedy:

Girl and guy are shown doing their own, separate things. They meet, by chance, and things start to take off. Everything is great for a while, and we get shown a nice montage of dates (baseball game, ice skating, Christmas time) and then, one of them fucks up. They break up, and then the person that fucks up tries to get the guy/girl back, but they arent having it. Then, right before the person ships off (to africa, the moon, new jersey) they realize that they're meant for each other, get back together. the end

the answer is simple. if movies were realistic, they wouldn't be interesting. obviously its possible to be TOO unrealistic, but you get the point.

agreed..

its a shame that we've lowered our iq's to accept most of the claims as reality. hollywood is about enterainment, not cinema.

check out movies by micheal heneke. extremely realistic, and fucking amazing.

I don't understand computers in movies. They all have a billion fucking things going on and every single little bit of movement or interaction makes a distinct blip and a noise.

And the cops' facial recognition software always has to stream pictures of all the possible matches at high speed next to the bad guy's face, and then intermitently flashes a big red MATCH FOUND when it finishes. Of course, both the faces streaming by and the MATCH FOUND banner have their accompanying blips and noises.

last_king_of_scotlandposter.jpg

Did you see this movie? No white person saves the day. They should make a soap opera about African leaders - you have like 40 countries all being run like "yo I just won the lottery and I got gunz, tanks with rimz, and a UN vote!"

The mystical black person saving the white person is a better example of racism Theo.

yeah, the jurisdiction argument is in every episode of the x-files. its ridiculous

also, when someone is being chased through a crowd and then the chaser loses them, looks around, sees them again, grabs them from behind, spins them around saying 'i've got you' and then its the wrong person.

also, cops or amateur sleuths are looking over a blurry photograph or video still on a computer and then ask 'can you enhance that' to the geek computer guy, who saying nothing, proceeds to press two buttons and the blurry image turns uber sharp

Did you see this movie? No white person saves the day. They should make a soap opera about African leaders - you have like 40 countries all being run like "yo I just won the lottery and I got gunz, tanks with rimz, and a UN vote!"

The mystical black person saving the white person is a better example of racism Theo.

yeah, i saw it. did you forget about that white scottish doctor who was the co-star... coming over giving idi amin all of this advice, as idi amin was portrayed as being a bumbling idiot that couldn't make simple decisions? he also worked in hospitals all around uganda "saving" blacks, including "saving" idi amin when he got injured. also, all of the black women wanted this white "hero".

the story was fictional and contrived in the minds of the white writers by the way -- there was no such doctor that existed.

true story (not the movie).

yeah, the jurisdiction argument is in every episode of the x-files. its ridiculous

also, when someone is being chased through a crowd and then the chaser loses them, looks around, sees them again, grabs them from behind, spins them around saying 'i've got you' and then its the wrong person.

821426~Enemy-of-the-State-Video-Release-Posters.jpg

505304~deja-vu-Posters.jpg

that deja vu was good by the way. the technological ideas were sick.

what about when an intelligence agency getting some hooligan vigilante out of prison or out of the woodwork to do their dirty work.

they're like "this man has been in prison for 15 years but he's the only man powerful and fast enough to stop this threat. he's the only man that understands the alien invaders better than we do. look at his track record: served in the navy seals. single-handedly destroyed al-qaeda. can fire a shot from 2 miles and hit a man dead between the eyes. flew to an unknown planet in a top secret mission and assasinated various alien leaders. he's dangerous, he's risky, but he's the only hope we've got."