R.I.P. CHRIS BENOIT

2Blazzed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no you guys are missing the point. Don't be all upset that this guy took his families life well I mean yeah that's a valid thing to consider too but some of you guys were RIPing him like he impacted a part of your life other than a childhood entertainment which looking back was almost as gay as the juggalo movement but still slightly higher due to the old greats like the tugboat.

This just in I got the details of his death. He woke up one day after roid rage, looked in the mirror and realized he was chris benoit. That's when he decided to end it.

No no you guys are missing the point. Don't be all upset that this guy took his families life well I mean yeah that's a valid thing to consider too but some of you guys were RIPing him like he impacted a part of your life other than a childhood entertainment which looking back was almost as gay as the juggalo movement but still slightly higher due to the old greats like the tugboat.

This just in I got the details of his death. He woke up one day after roid rage, looked in the mirror and realized he was chris benoit. That's when he decided to end it.

Greats like the Tugboat!!:lol::lol::lol:

My mate wondered whether he did his neck slice/throat slitting move before he committed the murders?

I guess this is just another example of stay away from the roids.

simple treatise on professional wrestling-

I don't think most people who watch think it is real. To the contrary, I think it is the mixing of fantasy with real events in these people's lives that is rediculous yet also fascinating. Take this current situation for example. The corporation itself will have to incorporate this whole event into story lines, media briefings, etc. It is more interesting to watch seeing the whole thing as an entity trying to survive while its constituent parts do incredibly stupid things.

That being said, wrestling loses its novelty, even from an analytic perspective, within a month or so. Getting to the point where you call matches and storylines just by watching trends in crowd participation and response gets boring. The only thing that keeps it going is waitin for hilarious things to happen (eg portraying God as a character on the show through first person perspective filming, and also rampant use of judeo-christian imagery throughout said storyline).

Basically, I don't think anyone thinks it is real. Like someone said earlier, it is the equivalent of a semi-improved athletic soap opera that is focused around the lives of people fronting as though they are the characters whom they portray. The nutty part is watching the dissolution of boundary between storyline and real life that tends to happen quite often in the industry.

There is also quite a bit of scholarly literature on the relationship between the masses and wrestling as a continuing thing from greek and roman times.