Starbucks Coffe. Seattle. Were to cool.

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told this by alot of people. I used to work in a grocery store and the cases of Starbucks coffee packaged for retail said "For sale or distribution in the U.S. only" Maybe this applies to retail sales only? I wonder if they have a different distributor in foreign countries? Strange. The point was, they said no. I guess I was trying to add more fuel to the fire for Starbucks haters. When you were in Saudi Arabia and Eygpt, were the menus different than what would be available to people in the U.S.? Anything not on it, or anything that I couldn't get over here? Just curious.

I don't remember them having anything different on the menu, but I do remember having to explain to them what an Americano is in Saudi Arabia, Also, the starbucks logo is different in Medina and Mecca. They (the saudi govt.) wouldn't allow the starbucks logo (woman) on the starbucks next to the holy sites (i assumed) because they recognised it as an idolatrous figure of sorts, but I don't know. They don't allow pictures of uncovered women there in ads and such, so that might be the reason also.

here's the only one I could find

natSAUDI-US-BOND.jpg

Starbucks can eat a dick. Fuck hipsters and fuck Starbucks.

Someone should start a thread on the decline of the English language in the United States.

hipsters don't go to starbucks, yuppies do.

but the point about the language decline thing seems right on. we've hit the peak long ago, it's a downward spiral unless someone cleans this mess up...

natSAUDI-US-BOND.jpg

I prefer this logo.

I was a barista for over a year at a local coffee shop. Starbucks coffee is terrible. Their beans are burnt and when I do happen to find myself in one I always get cold drinks because the baristas always pull bitter shots and 99.9% of the time they burn thier milk. I can hear it (this makes sense if your a barista, the pitch changes as the milk gets hotter). But if not to add insult to injury they have everything on automatic so that every single starbucks in the usa tastes consistently shitty.

but the point about the language decline thing seems right on. we've hit the peak long ago, it's a downward spiral unless someone cleans this mess up...

why does it matter??

language/spelling DOES evolve and change over time with the use of slang and younger generations. if it didn't we'd still all be talking like shakespeare or even cave men...

stop being a fucking gramma nazi.

half of you dont know what the FUCK you are talking about. get your head out your emo ass

i made a valid well thought out point that was based upon facts. this isnt the graffiti section, aka its not just "flame flame flame ride dick flame", see in here we think for ourselfs.

Speaking of my head up me emotional anus, im not sure if youve noticed, but you emo hipsters make up a large percent of starbuckses profit margin as well, go inside, youll see them dressed in black sipping black coffee, no cream of sugar, for 8 bucks they got from mommy. so seriously, just think about what your gonna say before you said it, and be respectfull. we dont have beef so chill.

ok. allow me to speak in tangible words which you may discern. i read your post and all i will say is as follows.

first and foremost there is no drink in starbucks that costs you $8 unless you like to heavily modify and specialize your drink. therefore as a service the $8 drink is not one which is imposed on you, it is an option. a large cup of coffee will cost you 2.25 in a large city with high taxes such as chicago or new york. go to any "coffee shop"<notice i didnt say seven 11 or dunkin donuts> and the price will be competitive.

as far as someone choosing to drink coffee sans the sugar and cream while wearing black does not allow you to conclude they are hipsters/emos or what have you. i do not drink coffee but i know plenty about it, including starbucks, seatles best, norma jeans and what not.

no one here is emo. believe that.

i will no longer respond.

greetijngs and cheers

There are def. mom and pop coffee stands still on their feet in Seattle.

If you don't want to support huge corporations like Starbucks get your coffee elsewhere. There are definitely other options.

I used to work at Starbucks. I actually got along with my customers really well, but I'm pretty sure I get along with anyone so that doesn't say much.

undoubtedly, anyone who has had the opportunity to try different things from starbucks can say that it's pretty damn good. if a legitimate business is going to monopolize a market based on the quality of their product, why should people stand in their way and make a scene of it? because starbucks draws crowds of a certain type, or because you cant afford a cup of joe?

why does it matter??

language/spelling DOES evolve and change over time with the use of slang and younger generations. if it didn't we'd still all be talking like shakespeare or even cave men...

stop being a fucking gramma nazi.

fuck dude, i wish we were still talking like shakespeare. dude was a baller.

point is, language is what makes up your thoughts. when language devolves, thinking devolves. when a thinking populace devolves it becomes docile and easily manipulated. if this is a hard concept for you to understand, maybe you could freshen up on your dr. seuss reading.

i made a valid well thought out point that was based upon facts. this isnt the graffiti section, aka its not just "flame flame flame ride dick flame", see in here we think for ourselfs.

Speaking of my head up me emotional anus, im not sure if youve noticed, but you emo hipsters make up a large percent of starbuckses profit margin as well, go inside, youll see them dressed in black sipping black coffee, no cream of sugar, for 8 bucks they got from mommy. so seriously, just think about what your gonna say before you said it, and be respectfull. we dont have beef so chill.

who gives a fuck how someone likes to drink there coffee? i like mine black with sugar, doesn't mean i want everyone else to be like me.

once again, maybe it's my city but the main "group" (stereotype) of people i see in starbucks is yuppies who can afford to spend lots of money on expensive pastries and overpriced coffee when cheaper bakeries and superior local coffee lies at the opposite end of the block.

language is what makes up your thoughts. when language devolves, thinking devolves. when a thinking populace devolves it becomes docile and easily manipulated.

yes, but this has nothing to do with what i said. just because some kid spells some word wrong isn't language devolving, it's language changing. which is a good thing. im not saying i can't spell but some words do have stupid spellings and through mis-spellings and incorrect gramma/lexicon we slowly adapt language.... survival of the fittest words if you may.

/no beef, just debate

p.s Dr Seuss was never very big over here in the u.k

• 3 weeks later...
What gets me about starbucks is that they don't even give free wireless, they want you to pay for a bull$#it hotspot membership. I stopped drinking starbucks, I drink Monster Drinks for my caffiene fix now and get all crunk like Randy Macho man Savage in the corner store wildin' out with ray ray and tellin' Bubba i ain't got no change, joker!

ya, i'm realll late, but this shit had me rollin.

ps. i don't drink coffee, so i'm good.