Starbucks Coffe. Seattle. Were to cool.

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just had some starbucks because we didnt have cash to go to the local coffee shop. i can confirm, their coffee still sucks balls.

Naaaah, starbucks has good coffee ,man. Just admit that it's trendy to hate starbucks and move on with it.

Naaaah, starbucks has good coffee ,man. Just admit that it's trendy to hate starbucks and move on with it.

it's "good" coffee until you try the real stuff.

hawaiian kona, consumed fresh in hawaii.

stumptown, columbia bean.

green mountain roasters, anything that's freshly roasted and not burnt.

those are some good places to start.

Im quilty... love the soy mochas. No, seriously everytime im their im like why the fuck didnt I just go to the local coffee spot! Its their placement of stores that gets me. always one around when im feining for a cup. I have to make a better effort not to go there. Thanks for reminding me again!

i drink soy mochas. ive been a barista since i was 15. let me tell you, starbucks soy mochas are crap!

and today, believe it or not, they forgot to put the fucking shots in my mocha. i bought a $3.50 chocolate milk. how do you forget to put the coffee in coffee? :rolleyes:

A family member of mine was stationed in Bosnia with the military and wrote Starbucks asking if they could send some regular coffee over, because I'm assuming army issue coffee sucks. They replied back to him, much later, that Starbucks coffee is only for sale and distribution in the U.S. Dick move. So he wrote to Sheetz (gas station chain) and asked them the same thing - not only did they send him shit for free, but they sent so much coffee that it lasted until a troop rotation after him, and they still send shit without being asked. So yeah, I don't think too highly of Starbucks, but they're a buisiness after all, and if people are going to pay five bucks for a fucking cup of joe, the jokes on them. I drank coffee at a Starbucks one time, at a stop on the turnpike because there was no other option. It tasted burnt. I won't pay more than $1.50 for a 16 oz. cup of coffee any other time.

This is bullshit. I was up to my ass in starbucks coffee when I was in Afghanistan. For some reason they just kept sending more of it. I literally had boxes of the shit in my container i used for mail.

Having lived in Italy for the last three years, I can say that coffee in the US is almost all crap and overpriced. Most of the coffee here is watered down shit water.

all i'd like to say is do a little more research. starbucks is one of the best corporations out

there. sure, it isnt some amazing give back to the people as much as possible company.

but they do a lot of good, which cant be said for the majority of corporations. go complain

about something that is actually worth complaining about. there's a lot of corporations that

are so much worse than starbucks. god damn you people. i seriously doubt 90% of you

have ever even researched what starbucks does, you just figure its big so it must be evil.

and complaining about the mom and pop coffee shops going out of business. well my sour

friends, that is what this country is built upon. the stronger companies take over the weak

companies. thank you and good night.

I'm sayin' At least I can get a cup of coffee without inhaling a whole stog worth of secondhand clover cigarette smoke at coolguy joes jumpin java joint with the "freinds don't let freinds drink starbucks" bumper sticker posted everywhere.

Living in seattle i have come to realise one thing. Starbucks, is an evil corporation. In every single area they move into, they drive out litterally all of the local business. @%^*(& starbucks. Firstly, for those of you who have fallen prey to there ingenious marketing, there drinks are 3 to 5 times overpriced. I have asked employees who say, yes, our pricing is rediculous. A good cup of cofee from a respectable business should cost you about a dollar to three dollars, depending on the size. Starbucks ranges from 3 dollars upwards to 6 dollars.

Um, I hate Starbucks, too, but a cup of coffee there costs about $1.75.

If you want the real good shit, go to Europe. I had some of the best cappuccino ever in Prague and Krakow, and awesome Vienesse coffee, where they put whipped cream on the top. I never really drank any cappuccino before I went there, but that's all I was drinking. Plus you could smoke cigarettes everywhere which made it 30x more awesome.

Starbucks is shit, not that i'm some huge coffee drinker, i dont even care what it tastes like. my girlfriend works for them, and i can honestly say that they are just as shitty to their employees as walmart ever has been. you are not allowed to work overtime. if you get over 40 hours in a week they will write you up and possibly fire you for it. they'll schedule you for say 30-40 hours in a week to make it look like you are going to make some good money on that paycheck, then they will call you at least 1-2 of those days and tell you that you have to come in late, or tell you not to come in at all cutting your hours down to 15-20 for the week. they overprice their drinks (obviously) and pay their employees barely over minimum wage. if they call you in for a shift that you aren't schedule to work and you say no, they will cut almost all your hours out for the next week. they treat their employees like they belong to starbucks not like people.

Starbucks is shit, not that i'm some huge coffee drinker, i dont even care what it tastes like. my girlfriend works for them, and i can honestly say that they are just as shitty to their employees as walmart ever has been. you are not allowed to work overtime. if you get over 40 hours in a week they will write you up and possibly fire you for it. they'll schedule you for say 30-40 hours in a week to make it look like you are going to make some good money on that paycheck, then they will call you at least 1-2 of those days and tell you that you have to come in late, or tell you not to come in at all cutting your hours down to 15-20 for the week. they overprice their drinks (obviously) and pay their employees barely over minimum wage. if they call you in for a shift that you aren't schedule to work and you say no, they will cut almost all your hours out for the next week. they treat their employees like they belong to starbucks not like people.

That sounds like the manager at just that starbucks. I am sure the headquarters is not making schedules. I can see them saying no over time, but that is about it.

The manager might over schedule and have to cut back because he does not know what he is doing.

I can handle the "yes sir" attitude in the right circumstances, not but in a retail store. That's probably why I haven't been able to hold down a retail job for more than a few months, while I could hold down the movie theater job for four years. I love coffee, but I'm sure they could smell the contempt coming off me from miles away. I hate wearing uniforms, too.

I can handle the "yes sir" attitude in the right circumstances, not but in a retail store. That's probably why I haven't been able to hold down a retail job for more than a few months, while I could hold down the movie theater job for four years. I love coffee, but I'm sure they could smell the contempt coming off me from miles away. I hate wearing uniforms, too.

You sure would hate what I do.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...