Starbucks Coffe. Seattle. Were to cool.

enigmatic

Living in seattle i have come to realise one thing. Starbucks, is an evil corporation. In every single area they move into, they drive out litterally all of the local business. @%^*(& starbucks. Firstly, for those of you who have fallen prey to there ingenious marketing, there drinks are 3 to 5 times overpriced. I have asked employees who say, yes, our pricing is rediculous. A good cup of cofee from a respectable business should cost you about a dollar to three dollars, depending on the size. Starbucks ranges from 3 dollars upwards to 6 dollars. for a single cup of cofee. On top of this they are exploiting foreign countrys for cheap labor, there profit margin is enormous. They attempt to sidestep the eye of the people by playing political cards, saying that there company is environmentally freindly, which is really just a distraction for the @#^@! there doing behind closed doors. Recently this has been brought to the attention of the government who has a fixed eye on starbucks. Now that there getting heat for this there changing there practices... or at least, being careful not to get caught.

lets take a look at the people who shop at starbucks, prestigous film school students must make up half of there customer base. This is not a joke, next time you are in starbucks notice the twenty something year old well dressed kids with scruffy beards and directors caps, or possibly substitute the caps for square glasses that they do not really need, i found this prospect hillarious when my brother told me, untill he got a phone call seconds later which he put on speaker phone. "Hey me and the guys are going down to starbucks to work on our screenplays, wanna come and sip chai tea with us?"

i burst out laughing. Despite all this the worst part is they have the youth on there side, like skin tight jeans in the 70s, pet rocks and rubics cubes. Starbucks is the fad of the future. Every child at my school goes there, at least bi weekly. Thats an estimated 10 dollars a week on starbucks per student, mulitply that me the 100 students that make up my small class, and you have 1000 dollars a week that goes directly into the pockets of the bastards that run the place. compare this to the profit of your local espresso shop. I have a feeling youll see a difference. On top of this the working man and woman head there to get there caffine fix, or perhaps a light snack. If you were to ask 9 out of 10 people (this is an actual statistic i came upw ith after questioning youraveragestarbuckscustomer) why they chose starbucks over the store next door, they would say "its not just the drinks your paying for, its the atmosphere"

oh yes, an atomsphere of snobby assholes sipping beverages your average american can not even pronounce correctly. the same painting of squares and circles and vector zebras in every shop, the soothing sounds of john mayer over the bose speaker system. must make you feel pretty smart? right? actually thats correct, numerous people said that drinking starbucks beverages makes them feel intellegent. Even more said they felt powerfull. Starbucks delivers a false sense of intellegence to white collar working americans, preppy schoolchildren, and prestigous art school students. Make the right choice, support your local business. say no to starbucks coffe. besides, after you shop around, youll realise it tastes like !@#%^ to begin with...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im quilty... love the soy mochas. No, seriously everytime im their im like why the fuck didnt I just go to the local coffee spot! Its their placement of stores that gets me. always one around when im feining for a cup. I have to make a better effort not to go there. Thanks for reminding me again!

What gets me about starbucks is that they don't even give free wireless, they want you to pay for a bull$#it hotspot membership. I stopped drinking starbucks, I drink Monster Drinks for my caffiene fix now and get all crunk like Randy Macho man Savage in the corner store wildin' out with ray ray and tellin' Bubba i ain't got no change, joker!

A family member of mine was stationed in Bosnia with the military and wrote Starbucks asking if they could send some regular coffee over, because I'm assuming army issue coffee sucks. They replied back to him, much later, that Starbucks coffee is only for sale and distribution in the U.S. Dick move. So he wrote to Sheetz (gas station chain) and asked them the same thing - not only did they send him shit for free, but they sent so much coffee that it lasted until a troop rotation after him, and they still send shit without being asked. So yeah, I don't think too highly of Starbucks, but they're a buisiness after all, and if people are going to pay five bucks for a fucking cup of joe, the jokes on them. I drank coffee at a Starbucks one time, at a stop on the turnpike because there was no other option. It tasted burnt. I won't pay more than $1.50 for a 16 oz. cup of coffee any other time.

Dunkin' Donuts, rules all coffee by the way.

we dont have that option in seattle. its an eastcoast thing.

however we do have krispy creme, same thing, not as good. i just prefer the donuts at dunkin. okay offtopic post but whatever. dunkins breakfast sandwhiches also kick ass.

there is literally like 7 stabucks within 1-2 miles where i live. Theres one in every single marketplace and what gets me is that all the marketplaces are across the street from eachother and within walking distance. Its like a ridiculous coffee monopoly...I dont think a company that runs their bussiness like this can last but then again walmart is still going.

A family member of mine was stationed in Bosnia with the military and wrote Starbucks asking if they could send some regular coffee over, because I'm assuming army issue coffee sucks. They replied back to him, much later, that Starbucks coffee is only for sale and distribution in the U.S. Dick move. So he wrote to Sheetz (gas station chain) and asked them the same thing - not only did they send him shit for free, but they sent so much coffee that it lasted until a troop rotation after him, and they still send shit without being asked. So yeah, I don't think too highly of Starbucks, but they're a buisiness after all, and if people are going to pay five bucks for a fucking cup of joe, the jokes on them. I drank coffee at a Starbucks one time, at a stop on the turnpike because there was no other option. It tasted burnt. I won't pay more than $1.50 for a 16 oz. cup of coffee any other time.

I was in many different locations throughout this world and Starbucks is DEFINATELY not only for sale in America, there's starbucks in Saudia Arabia and Egypt for sure because I've seen them both.

I was in many different locations throughout this world and Starbucks is DEFINATELY not only for sale in America, there's starbucks in Saudia Arabia and Egypt for sure because I've seen them both.
I've been told this by alot of people. I used to work in a grocery store and the cases of Starbucks coffee packaged for retail said "For sale or distribution in the U.S. only" Maybe this applies to retail sales only? I wonder if they have a different distributor in foreign countries? Strange. The point was, they said no. I guess I was trying to add more fuel to the fire for Starbucks haters. When you were in Saudi Arabia and Eygpt, were the menus different than what would be available to people in the U.S.? Anything not on it, or anything that I couldn't get over here? Just curious.

I've never been to Starbucks, but charging money for a refill? That's just un-American.

I'll tell you what pisses me off to no end, the fact that stores these days actually charge you money for tomato sauce (ie ketchup) if thats not un-Australian i don't know what is. Also fucking charging you for mushroom sauce or whatever sauce you want for your steak, as if anyone is going to eat a steak without any type of delicious relish

fortunately for me i hate tomato sauce but the principle of the thing is still outrageous