Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I actally left and came back. The yellow one. I dig it. Something about the drips, i think they should stay in the stop(SPOT) you have them, but like.... them seem like they should be brush strokes. Not drips. try a layer of yellow again, then change those to brush strokes...and not black...something just off black that will compliment the yellow..like a dark brown with blues.. IDK just something that my mind ran with.

my .2

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. I'm staying with the drips but you're on to something with the brushstroke idea, I'm saving that for later. Working now on fluctuating the background and encouraging movement and arty shit like that

The drips were completely unintentional, I got pissed after shaking the fucking bottle of paint for 5 minutes and still getting only red-tinted gel out of it that I just turned the palette over on the (vertical) canvas. I should probably stop painting over new carpet

This thread is making me realize how little actual creative ability I've developed. At the risk of repetition: THANKS MAN

flick wise yellow is killin the other, but it could be to dark to see all the blending in that other one. i would drop something really dark onto the yellow, dots, lines anything in clean black, thin to thick. and then if you like the black, do some white highlite on it

flick wise yellow is killin the other, but it could be to dark to see all the blending in that other one. i would drop something really dark onto the yellow, dots, lines anything in clean black, thin to thick. and then if you like the black, do some white highlite on it

Thanks. The dark one is hibernating for now since I can't seem to stop starting new things.

Let's see some more work, I'm starting to feel sheepish since my substantial contribution to post quantity ratio isn't working in my favor now

• 2 weeks later...

If you use shades of brown you have to either construct it in a non organic pattern with hard lines or throw in cool colors.

The orangish yellowish areas only heat up the brown, subconsciously placing the viewer in a taco bell bathroom.

Can't really explain it without sounding dumb but hopefully you understand I'm not trying to make a joke at your expense.

Just throwing in a perspective that you may not have thought about yet.

Specific colors & lines all have a basic subconscious language with an almost universal understanding.

Along with what mercer is saying:

You should look into the book "the Interaction of Color"

It's a great book that will teach you a lot about the subconscious language Mercer was speaking about.

In fact many of the exercises in it are non-objective. So in doing the curriculum contained in the book, you will actually come out with some very nice, while formulaic, abstract pieces. If you follow it well, at least.

wase that dose look like poop

first decide if you want a border or not.

that throws everything off me in that

wspsg3.jpg

havent decided where to go on this

i know i want to do something in the negative space

and maybe take the white all the way to top

hmm i dont know

btw that was an accidental ink spill on it

but i decided to go with the flow