Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My advice Swampthing is to try the splashes in some different directions and bends now, and let that influence of your letters.

Don't be afraid to make them take separate courses in chunks, etc.

P.S. Thanks for the good words.

I like hear No Evil better too for the obvious reasons, but I like the subtlety of Destination Unknown because my abstract contribution almost has a parasitic feel on her sleeping body and i usually don't think/paint like that.

Did i just critique my own piece by accident?

I think I did.

Those are the first two colab's with that stencil artist that I kinda like.

It's still not as good as one of your straight up Abrstacs. should be twice as nice though.

Not to diss you're boy, but his stencils don't really have the right flow to them to really work well with your style.

They seem way too "photo vectorish" or just straight up too much like the original photo's to work with it.

Maybe if he used a more artistic style on the lines he cut and less computer I could see it working nice.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm a big fan of a well done stencil myself, but those could be done by pretty much anyone.

Sounds kinda harsh like that but it's the only way I could explain it.

Actually, they're not stencil...They're all hand painted.

But I see how you could see that from what you see on here.

I'm trying to get him to "loosen up" a bit on the lines as we go.

He's still fresh to the game too and doing what he knows.

This is only the second show he's ever done and I'm throwing him into the big leagues head first.

It's confusing to me then, the one thing that beats photo's hands down about man made art is a good artist portrays "how things should look" not how they do look.

Like when I see a photo realistic painting I like, by someone I don't know, I always look for stuff like the hands.

A good artist knows how to render a hand in any position, an artist who just copies a photo will always suck at rendering something as complex as a hand.

Hard to explain but when you draw from an actual live figure (if you have skill) it will always come off more realistic than drawing from a photo.

When I look at his paintings I assumed it was a stencil, just because of the details in them.

Take hear no evils nose, that's how a photo would look, an artist should do the shadows on her nose to look even more real than the photo.

Destination unknown has even more problems like that, with almost every line.

Dude should do good though depending on his persona and presentation and other factors.

That vectorish look is actually the in thing right now and sells like hotcakes in the "urban art" type collectors scene.

Again, it's not a diss, just one semi drunk mans opinion on the internet.

*I've tried to edit out all bad grammer and spelling.

No, you're totally right!

He is in fact, trying too hard to the point where he sterilizes the image.

I'm trying to teach him to just "let go" a bit.

I totally agree about the technique of the piece portraying more truth to the image, than the image itself.

Maybe I'll show him this info so ha can see what's up.

He is the Spock to my Kirk...NH

Very logical and methodical, while I just scribble and thrash with usually a successful outcome.

P.S. Good job on grammar and spelling!