Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i read that art blog bullshit.

i couldnt figure out if they were talking about painting, or giving dudes blow jobs. that's how gay it was.

no thanks.

Yeah. I know that just because I'm majoring in philosophy it doesn't make me an absolute authority, but what's going on with that page is all sorts of crap. It treats art as some form that's adherent to some inherent and common definition, while it's just some odd character forcing some objective stance on it. I'm all for using philosophy as a tool for understanding and exercising one's reason, but dumping high flying terms on everything that exists is just a complete waste of time. I realize there's a place for criticism in art in terms of historical context and its relationship to culture, etc. but to explain and define in such a particularly obtuse way just ends up moving everyone away from the initial point of looking at art in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Yeah. I know that just because I'm majoring in philosophy it doesn't make me an absolute authority, but what's going on with that page is all sorts of crap. It treats art as some form that's adherent to some inherent and common definition, while it's just some odd character forcing some objective stance on it. I'm all for using philosophy as a tool for understanding and exercising one's reason, but dumping high flying terms on everything that exists is just a complete waste of time. I realize there's a place for criticism in art in terms of historical context and its relationship to culture, etc. but to explain and define in such a particularly obtuse way just ends up moving everyone away from the initial point of looking at art in the first place.
bumping this, just because of all the symbols on this dudes name...

Ooooh...I somewhow read that wrong. I thought it said what are you painting those with...duh.

The top one. "Built to escape" is 24x48 on a gallery wrap, so I'd have to sell that for about $250 if you bought it from me directly.

The others would fall into about the 175.00 price range.

T;6020063']Contributions Would be Appreciated Joker.

Here is mine for the week havnt got to get to the studio to work on the painting.

S7300381.jpg

S7300370.jpg

these are really nice. I can totally feel the looseness in each stroke it seems like you were really throwing that ballpoint around but just hitting each line just right

okay i just put this together and its not much of an abstract but in idea. i wouldn't post but Bojangles is asking.

heres the deal i traded supplies with "luck" via flickr. He sent an envelope full of stickers. so i made a collage of stickers and incorporated the address's. eh maybe not even an abstract but this thread needs post

DSC_0133.jpg