Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wow some really good stuff kicking around in this thread....glad i stumbled on it. seems abstract graff is a dying form here in ct...no one really does anything like that anymore..not that ive seen anyway...maybe theres some out there i havent found. heres some stuff ive been kicking around lately...

011.jpg

little dicking around with oil pastels..ill post the actual piece...as soon as i get off my lazy ass and paint it

014.jpg

009.jpg

knife painting...kinda fucking around with it, seeing what i can do

014.jpg

Okay, I'm going to throw this out there because years ago ( maybe 1990? ) I tried something similar to this. But now that I've moved along in my creative habits and I've just seen this... it's sparked an idea. I'm going to ask you to try it out for me so I can see the results without having to actually do anything.

This, of course, is based on the idea that you even want to do this.

Anyway... A large canvas, like the size you have or larger, completely covered in pieces of CD bits. Sounds easy enough but the few times I tried it out I was just breaking the CDs into pieces and putting them together on a canvas. The anal retentive artist me hated the way it looked so I never finished. What I needed to do was cut the CD into several bits that were all squared or rectangular or triangular. So that when all the pieces were put together there were perfectly closed seems between each piece. Again, sounds somewhat easy. The final kick in the junk was that there had to be a pattern to the placement of the bits.

If you're up to the task... that would be cool. If not, no worries. Just thought I'd share.

i walked by a stained glass workshop today.

for a second i thought wow this is some really nice stuff.

id love to learn how to do this.

then i was like, sitting around cutting glass all day and fitting them into a metal mold?

nah no thanks.

i may settle for the simpler aka cheesier way of just getting one piece of glass

a sodering gun and paint the thing. but that is kinda lame and lazy of me.

so i might give up on the idea all together. life is full of disappointments.

Did mine this afternoon during lunch. Couldn't find a green pen in the huge box of markers/ pens but I used something kinda close. Will post it later this evening when I'm not trying to get out the door while the weather is beautiful. Which if you know Portland at this time of year, it's rare.