Abstracts

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

(on a piece from the last page)

yeah that one is sloppy.. never using a damn trim brush again. but im aiming to make them as intricate as possible and once i give it another shot ill post it up. i do them on both small and large scale this was my first time doing it on a wall. and what makes them so complicated is that there is only 2 solid lines that run through out the piece, cutting back and forth, overlapping, and looping. but next time im going to go for a cleaner, tighter, and more intricate piece on my next attempt. thanks for the critiques guys. was sort of thinking the same things myself.

hmm I like the bottom one the most

but I kinda wish it was split in half, because that heavier color of blue (less aqua colored) doesn't really work well with those browns up top

but the blue can become more cohesive umm complimentary to the browns with the right tint of it

or a proportion adjustment

ojgyuw.jpg

and now you probably want to kill me

332xdms.jpg

but this may just be me imposing my personal aesthetic

Damn Bojangles I love your stuff /nh really inspires me, would kill for one of those on my wall (would have to kill cos probably couldn't afford one!!!)

Would really like to see the process you use for painting, do they take long or are they done quickly? do you sit back and think about the strokes or is it very free flowing and not hindered by calculation?

I used to do them in one quick burst, but I'm learning to walk away for anywhere from a few hours to a few days to get a new perspective on them.

It's all about working in layers.

P.S. Decyferon,

I've been known to trade some small pieces for care packages. Especially if you're overseas.

I love foreign snacks, music, dvds, etc.

well feel free to PM me anything you feel you might want from the UK and I am sure I can hook something up for you, a selection of our local sweets and chocolates, some tacky memorabilia anything you like! Am starting a new job soon so will have some money to do care packages etc soon, getting mighty bored of being skint!

With the last canvas I painted I did the background with spraypaint and literally sat looking at it for days then all of a sudden had a burst of energy and did the rest of it in about 30 minutes

Here's a project I just finished for my next show (tongue-in-cheekingly) called "Wake Me When I'm profound". The whole wall was first set up with blank canvasses, then I scrawled the words "wake me" across it. From there, I built my abstracts out of the lines of the lettering on top of the canvasses.

Here's some photos:

graywall.jpg?t=1256348577

7630_536351111448_53702792_31550593.jpg?t=1256348630

IMG_4182.jpg?t=1256348699

IMG_4192.jpg?t=1256348749

IMG_4198.jpg?t=1256348798

Wakemewholewall.jpg?t=1256348854

It was a bit experimental, but I had fun. The opening is tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

Also, no offense Kersethegov, but I don't really like to give out my personal info to new members on here. Look around, do your homework and I'm sure you can find your answers if you're really interested. Don't take it personal.