Global Warming

toke_wdc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha

thing is, i'm not joking. look at who is pressing for a global carbon tax

and then think about why they would want to do that....meanwhile, the military is

dumping millions of gallons of toxic chems into our oceans....

oh yeah, they care about our planet...they care so much that they use depleted uranium to blow the holy living dog fuck out of iraqi's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/31/AR2007033101040.html?hpid=sec-business

thing is, i'm not joking. look at who is pressing for a global carbon tax

and then think about why they would want to do that....meanwhile, the military is

dumping millions of gallons of toxic chems into our oceans....

oh yeah, they care about our planet...they care so much that they use depleted uranium to blow the holy living dog fuck out of iraqi's.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/31/AR2007033101040.html?hpid=sec-business

I didn't say you were, and believe me, I know the gov is the last to be concerned with the concepts of an ever present need to change infrastructures for the way we will be affected over the next fifty years.

As far as carbon tax is concerned, I think you are moving a bit far into the conspiracy land. Yes they are doing this, but there are rational motivations behind it. People are trying to, even if abruptly, suggest to others that our current standards of energy creation and consumption are not something which need be kept. Gore and others have been pushing for awareness of climate change for over twenty years. I seriously doubt back in the day homeboy was like "I am gonna lobby in twenty years for a global tax on emissions/carbon credit system/ carbon exchange."

No matter if you think the warming being caused is natural or otherwise, let alone if it is accurately characterized on the whole by the phrase "global warming" vs. "climate change," the fact is shit is gettin wild out there and we aint ready to take it.

Institutionally, things are fucked as well. My mom works for Environmental Defense (non profit for institutional change to deal with environmental issues) and the amount of shit she tells me about city meetings, and how representatives of the petroleum industry constantly stone wall initiatives for stricter guidelines and open discussion of environmental issues.

Beyond that when you have dumbass politicians in office who will veto environmental bills even when it would save the state money (thank you Rick Perry you closet cocksucking fuckhead) it is inconcievable that the right amount of change to deal with what is occuring will go on.

Basically, I don't care if you think people are trying to create some sort of carbon exchange for monetary gain. Shit like that is the only thing that will pull the private industry into a necessary need to re-evaluate and re-structure their organizations.

I think your hilarious and on point with a lot of stuff casek, but when it comes to global "whatever the fuck you want to call what is happening with weather and our feedback into it," your wrong. It is not some conspiracy just to develope new money making schemes. The entire scientific community, disputing the issue or not, is not there to do that. I have seen first hand the effects of the shit we are doing.

Perhaps I am misreading your perspective on this whole thing. But I was laughing because you are right, we as regulars to this board do know your general leanings (as sometimes far off as they may be).

It isn't a war on warm weather, as AOD put it. It is getting our shit straight before the infrastructures developed around certain weather standards go by the way side. One must admit that as we progress in life and society, the basic means and hubs of humanity do not move, they become more entreanched in their positions, and if there is shit changing around it, that means it must become elastic as well.

Also, the concept that we have a negligable effect on the world and its weather patterns is ignorant. Yeah, we as the most expansive and continuing to develope creatures on this earth (particularly with the ability we have to manipulate the structure of our world) have no effect on a process which is fed into by everything that happens. C'mon people get your head out of your asses. Quit ascribing to the bullshit humanist nihilism that prevents people from believing in a culpability to the earth as well as to our moral standards in life.

scientists always try to disprove all religion and pretty much try to tell the world how our future is going to be,

this is really hilarious, are you being serious? who would you rather believe? a group of heavily scrutinised academics who spend years investigating particular areas of science using a variety of sound research methodologies, or a book of parables written thousands of years ago, then bastardised in its numerous translations and revisions.

seriously dude.

this is really hilarious, are you being serious? who would you rather believe? a group of heavily scrutinised academics who spend years investigating particular areas of science using a variety of sound research methodologies, or a book of parables written thousands of years ago, then bastardised in its numerous translations and revisions.

seriously dude.

i believe the bible....i mean really, science says we evolved from monkeys, but you don't see people shitting in their hand and throwing it at eachother....

i believe the bible....i mean really, science says we evolved from monkeys, but you don't see people shitting in their hand and throwing it at eachother....

yeah, that is because we EVOLVED. having faith in a higher power is fine, to each his own. but people who mindlessly cling to religion despite any logical argument to counter it, believing that "everything will be fine because god said so" are the reason that the whole world is fucked. really, you dont think that the overconsumption of fossil fuels is a problem to address, or is it "a gift from god".

i have only seen 3 threads from you, 2 of them were about weed, and then this one. i think i really dont like you.

yeah, that is because we EVOLVED. having faith in a higher power is fine, to each his own. but people who mindlessly cling to religion despite any logical argument to counter it, believing that "everything will be fine because god said so" are the reason that the whole world is fucked. really, you dont think that the overconsumption of fossil fuels is a problem to address, or is it "a gift from god".

i have only seen 3 threads from you, 2 of them were about weed, and then this one. i think i really dont like you.

i think we all know the answer.

ban the state of Hawaii

if i had a gun i would give it to u and hope u did the right thing with it. please stay in school man

okay i got something SMART to say. we shouldn't be afraid of global warming because it has happens to the earth before, and at that time there were early humans who lived through an ice age that was caused by global warming. the difference between now and then is that we are using more of earths natural resources which could cause a worse outcome to earth...yeah i know thanks captain obvious....

okay i got something SMART to say. we shouldn't be afraid of global warming because it has happens to the earth before, and at that time there were early humans who lived through an ice age that was caused by global warming. the difference between now and then is that we are using more of earths natural resources which could cause a worse outcome to earth...yeah i know thanks captain obvious....

that is something smart to say.

good job.

The reason early humans were able to adapt to such things was because their lives were mutable. The rise of the city and urban culture (a report was released yesterday i think that said more people live in urban areas than rural globaly now) has caused our infrastructures to be less elastic in response to the whims of nature.

That is where the major crux of this argument lives. Not in that humans will not survive, but that the lives we are used to will be greatly changed because the infrastructures which provide life at its current pace will not longer be adequate to deal with the changing natural realm.

Elastic vs. Static living. That is the issue here. Not whether or not this has occured before, or whether we lived through it then.