The YME(Why ME?) appreciation thread

Boo Radley

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 years later...
How about some YME history? I always thought Learn played a huge role in this crew's history. I think I have a pieace from 98 or something in my house somewhere, it was pretty dope. zI'll post when I get the chance to.

Started in 1999 by Learn and Lack, after they had been painting fr8s pretty much alone since 1996. Met eachother and started a crew.. Yearound Metal Enjoyment or "whyme" because of the harsh winters up north. Ich joined late 99.. Then Sept, Alke, Jurne, Gerv, Hazel, Hebe, Rich, Bern, Owl, Ted, Mone, Wolf, Spek, Aves, Mes, Arsn, Epik.

There's no doubt that I wouldn't be painting if it wasn't for these cats. I remember seeing learn handys on trains when I was like 7 or 8 and thinking "I gotta learn!!"

For me there's nothing better than catching a train with these dudes on it.

Now if only some of 'em would come back home and rock walls for the townies.

GREAT thread. I've had the privilege to meet and paint with Lack, Jurne, Ich, Learn and Alke, a few years ago....great crew, and also a great group of guys. It was definitely a good time, and this crew definitely puts the work in on the rails! Hope to see more of them in 2010...........

GREAT thread. I've had the privilege to meet and paint with Lack, Jurne, Ich, Learn and Alke, a few years ago....great crew, and also a great group of guys. It was definitely a good time, and this crew definitely puts the work in on the rails! Hope to see more of them in 2010...........

Word bro!