girls feet cut off on six flags ride....

boogie hands

....ok. its sad but i dont really care. what is great about this article is articulate quotes. i guess this comes with the territory when you are interviewing people at a six flags in kentucky.

(CNN) -- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.

An unidentified witness told CNN affiliate WLKY she saw a cable on the ride snap.

"The people on the ride just came and hit the ground," she said. "When I got up there, the lady she was just sitting there, and she didn't have no legs. ... And she was just there, calm, probably in shock from everything."

"That could have been all of us -- riding that ride," witness Whitney Sandfer told CNN affiliate WDRB/WMYO.

The incident took place shortly before 5 p.m. ET, according to Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg. The park remained open, but the ride in question was shut down and will remain so until the full investigation is complete, Goldberg said.

During the ride, passengers are lifted to 177 feet, suspended momentarily and then dropped, according to the park's Web site.

Passengers drop 154 feet at 54 mph, stopping "just 20 terrifying feet above the pavement," it adds.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard -- pwchh -- and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Superman Tower of Power, told WDRB/WMYO.

"The cable went under the car -- and I seen it pull up and hit a lot of people -- and I seen them bring their legs up," Stinnett said.

The ride was introduced in 1995.

"it could have been all of us --- riding that ride"......really?? what does that even mean??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mind_eraser1.jpg

I got on the mind eraser when i was like 14 the dude came around checked the seats it was fine right as the shit started to move our harnesses popped up and the only thing holding us was this 1984 chevy celebrity seat belt. Me and my friend are screaming and swearing STOP THE FUCKING RIDE STOP THE FUCKING RIDE GOD DAMNIT!! They didnt stop the shit till we were over the part where the loading zone completely drops off to like a 50' drop...fucking asshole they had to close down the ride I never swore so much in my whole year as a 14 year old. I would of been thrown from the freakin ride...I got off and was like I almost died you people didnt stop the ride in time blah blah blah what do I get?! I BETTER GET SOMETHING! they gave me nothin...

holy shit, fucking sucks.

you're supposed to be safe, but i remember a few years back in new mexico there were a couple accidents with the fair rides. the one ride where you lay on your stomach and fly through the air, the part she was one fell off and she went sliding on the concrete on her face. had to get facial reconstruction.